The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Dean’s Box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
What’s a reasonable price for a used Deans Box that is in good condition?

Thanks,

Charles
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21953 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have no idea what you mean by good condition, your good condition may be very far from what I consider good condition. If you have all the props, and instructions that come with the box. Then $50 plus postage would be a good price for something that is in good condition.

It only cost new from the creator $250, so you have any damage or dry rot, because it was not stored correctly in a controlled environment, and properly packaged. Then it is kind of worthless. Also, you have to prove it is an original and not a China forgery. Forgeries were selling for $79.00.

Hope this helps you decide.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Deans box 2.0 sells for $425 new. not sure what is different other than the price. Some of original models came with VHS tape instructions, then on CD later. Have not seen the real ones offered for less than $250 recently. Nobody should buy or sell the fake ones. Pretty easy to spot a fake. Hinges are never right the finish looks cheap or painted. Many have curtains that have the wrong pattern or color and ropes that are not red and white. The real ones all pretty much look the same....High quality.Many but not all have a trade mark logo. I would think $250 is a fair price for a complete undamaged original.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1076 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Yep, $250 plus seems to be right about the market for an original.

I’ll never forget driving my motorcycle to Dean’s Shoppe in Glendale to pick up Dean’s Box. It was a late July 3rd afternoon back in ‘02 or ‘03 and his shop was closed. I was bummed because I was anxious to finally get one. Dean was out on his fenced in patio area cleaning his grill for the next day’s 4th of July festivities and noticed that I had pulled up. He was so gracious and opened his shop just for me to get the box. Good memories.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
262 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Does anyone know if these are still being sold new, and if so, where?

Thanks in advance.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5175 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There was Dean's Box 2.0, which was the official version after Dean passed away, but I don't see it available anywhere. I believe Stevens Magic offered it, but I don't see it on their site.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Just checked and Murphys has Deans box 2.0 in stock. Of course they only sell to dealers so you need to order it from your preferred magic shop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Dean’s Box (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL