The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spinning coin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
On library.com https://www.lybrary.com/spinning-coin-p-923191.html very good for gathering a crowd...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Great price for a 100-year-old classic effect. I would like to hear from street performers on this if they have tried it and what the actual audience test has been to draw a crowd.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
"A large coin is made to spin on its edge around the inside rim of a metal basin."

Don't understand exactly what is happening here. Is it causing the coin to spin around the inside with centrifugal force???????
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Yes,the coin spins around the rim of the basin on its edge very fast,almost too fast to see,also,the basin can be handed off to a spectator and he can keep the coin in motion once he learns to move the basin correctly.it causes such a racket,the effect is almost hypnotizing.like nothing they've ever seen.if you're looking for something different that's ez to troup...don't wait for street performers to stumble upon this,take my word for it...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Thank you Mr Rich Smile
I have purchased this from Lybrary and getting a proper basin.
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Chinatown, the right basin...also use a large heavy Mexican coin or the Chinese new year themed coins from chinatown...
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
Looks like a steal for that price, I imagine you could also set the basin out for tips when you've performed for the crowd you used it to gather.
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Now you're catching on...also,on lybrary.com. look up ELEGANT SCARECROWS,a thin on ancient water tricks.THE BUNDAR BOAT is a middle eastern street running gag from the turn of the century that can be combined with the basin and add quirky appeal to your performance.you get 4 trix for the price...a steal...an act in itself...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spinning coin (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL