The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Okito lip balm boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
59 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
Has anyone had any experience with these?

http://funtasticmagic.com/products/2-coin-boxes
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Arkansas (WooPigSooie!)
449 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
No, but VERY INTERESTING!!!

Thanks!
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with only the things that you thank God for today?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1541 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Yes, very good idea, sadly there are no closed up pictures of the finished product. My experience with 3D printing is that the marks of the printing are visible (unless is a very expensive printer and even so...). Prices are very competitive for around $50 you have 3 boxes and one lid, and lots of colors and 2 different lids...
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1541 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I was trying to place an order and while doing that, I realized that the Boston boxes bases are higher than the okito and the slot bases (both have same dimensions)which is a small problem if you work with more than one box at the time like the Mojo Boxes from Farmer (my originally idea to use these boxes because of the colors), I think switching an okito for a boston and always showing one, will not be a big of a deal. As a reference my Jim Z brass boxes are all the same
The height difference is Okito 0.46" or 1.16cm and the Boston is 0.51 or 1.29cm. The diameter of the 3 boxes is 3.56cm
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
59 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
So, got both the Boston and okito in half dollar size. They are a “matte” blue color and despite being very light, they are very thick and sturdy. When 4 barber half dollars are put in, it has a nice smooth “roll”/“flip”. Also, unlike most boxes I’ve had, there is plenty of room for a coin with an expanded [ . Thus, making for a great set for silver dollars (especially if using a [ ) for the price.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, pabloinus wrote:
I was trying to place an order and while doing that, I realized that the Boston boxes bases are higher than the okito and the slot bases (both have same dimensions)which is a small problem if you work with more than one box at the time like the Mojo Boxes from Farmer (my originally idea to use these boxes because of the colors), I think switching an okito for a boston and always showing one, will not be a big of a deal. As a reference my Jim Z brass boxes are all the same
The height difference is Okito 0.46" or 1.16cm and the Boston is 0.51 or 1.29cm. The diameter of the 3 boxes is 3.56cm

I use the blueprints that Jim gave dad. I recently turned a 3 box set that holds 6 quarters and all the boxes are the same size. If anyone needs a set of Jim Zee boxes to Jim's specs
give me a holler.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21936 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Years ago I got a plastic type Okito Coin Box from Ken Brooke in England. The base or bottom has to be a little thicker for the coin box move, or drop move to work properly. Mine is thicker.

Hard to see from the pictures, but it does not look like this place knows this.

Buy if you are curious, but I these may be more difficult to maneuver. It would be nice if you would report back your experiences. I am sure we would be grateful.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Okito lip balm boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL