The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TimeLine - The REAL travel back in time APP (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7401 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, patrickkun wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, scott0819 wrote:
Can anyone clarify:
Is the time on the spectator’s phone actually altered OR do you only appear to do this by dialling back the time on your own phone from a few minutes fast to the real time of day? The ad copy is a little unclear on this.

Yes to all of you are wondering. The visual of the time rewinds backwards happened on the magician phone but whatever time and minutes spectator called out, changes on their phone. So you can have 100 spectators watching this and when time changed, every single one can bring out their time to check and it changes to that exact min.

This is complete and utter BS. Changes? I think not.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4201 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I don’t remember Alain Nu’s Psycho-Chronetic getting this much flack.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3819 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I don't think the description for this is inaccurate or fabricated. Granted, the description should have noted that this is what the audience experiences, but I feel that for all intent and purposes that is nitpicking.

If the perceived effect is as described and the thing works in a way that is reliable and practical, I really don't see an issue here.
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Howway this would be a miracle if you could turn back time on every spectators phone ,this is magic ,and A very good app ,just need to use it right and you will still get the same reaction that you have turned back time
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
203 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone clarify:
Is the time on the spectator’s phone actually altered OR do you only appear to do this by dialling back the time on your own phone from a few minutes fast to the real time of day? The ad copy is a little unclear on this.

Yes to all of you are wondering. The visual of the time rewinds backwards happened on the magician phone but whatever time and minutes spectator called out, changes on their phone. So you can have 100 spectators watching this and when time changed, every single one can bring out their time to check and it changes to that exact min.

I'm sure we all know that magic isn't real right? Smile Same applies to when you say the card changes in the spectators hand and the card was switched before hand. Anyway, it's fine if you don't like it. I have no problem with that.

I've tried my best to help answer out questions to everyone here, so if you have anything, feel free to message me anytime. Thanks guys!
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Gotta say I love this app so simple to do
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is great little app with many possibilities, if you just apply some imagination.
I will mention that in the demo using the classic match/matchbook effect, there’s a logical flaw that I’d notice as a spectator, that being that the match should’ve reappeared in the matchbook unscorched, if time reversed to before it was torn out (unless I missed something and the match was lit before being torn from the matchbook, in which case all is well). Smile
It's all in the reflexes.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2019, pegasus wrote:
What I hate are misleading ads. And I quote.....

[Not only that, spectator can bring out their phone and finds that their time is now rewinds back too!]

That is just not true. Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time. It doesn’t lessen the effect but makes it clear of its limitations before purchase.

Thanks pegasus Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
796 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time.

The illusion of traveling back in time isn't for a limited time ... it is permanent. From the spectator's point of view every single clock in the world is now x minutes in the past. It doesn't switch back in 10 minutes or ever. It is permanently back in time. This is genius.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7401 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, Chris Meece wrote:
Quote:
Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time.

The illusion of traveling back in time isn't for a limited time ... it is permanent. From the spectator's point of view every single clock in the world is now x minutes in the past. It doesn't switch back in 10 minutes or ever. It is permanently back in time. This is genius.

Hmmm. Alrighty then. Smile
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
796 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm. Alrighty then. Smile

I'm not trying to be argumentative (not that I am opposed to doing so at times) but I don't know if we are describing the same perceived effect. It may be the language barrier ... you Brits have really slaughtered the American language.

Why are you saying for a limited time only? Are you saying the perception is that the time switches back after the effect or did you mean to say you are limited in going back only 10 minutes?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2172 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I think your post may have read wrong. It is not permanent. On your phone it may be back in time but a quick glance at their phone will prove otherwise. so not every single clock...it is amazing feat, but they will more than likely want to verify or others in the group will look at watches and phones. Maybe that is the misunderstanding??

The illusion of back in time is on your phone for that instant and is not verifiable as that would be real magic
Pay it forward
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
796 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, magicmind wrote:
I think your post may have read wrong. It is not permanent. On your phone it may be back in time but a quick glance at their phone will prove otherwise. so not every single clock...it is amazing feat, but they will more than likely want to verify or others in the group will look at watches and phones. Maybe that is the misunderstanding??

The illusion of back in time is on your phone for that instant and is not verifiable as that would be real magic

The quick glance at their phone is what sells this effect. Every single clock and phone in the world will match the perceived "new" time on your phone. The initial time you show on your phone before you go back in time is already the number of minutes ahead that matches the number they told you. You simply create the illusion of the clock turning back in time. All it really does is go back to the real time.

If this post gives too much away mods, pull it. I believe it was already explained earlier in this thread.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2172 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, magicmind wrote:

The quick glance at their phone is what sells this effect. Every single clock and phone in the world will match the perceived "new" time on your phone. The initial time you show on your phone before you go back in time is already the number of minutes ahead that matches the number they told you. You simply create the illusion of the clock turning back in time. All it really does is go back to the real time.

If this post gives too much away mods, pull it. I believe it was already explained earlier in this thread.

I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.
Pay it forward
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Purchased this today love it!
Congratulations
DR
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4280 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone clarify:

Yes, Pegasus the spectator's phone clocks will all have changed. You do know how watches and clocks work, yes? They change regularly... I mean like every second som of them.

;) I am joking - I know you know how they work.

Im still not sure I get it though. I'm sure it's great though.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1433 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Looks like I’m not the only one confused with this effect.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2200 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
It's PsychoChronetic but as an app. I can't decide if it's better or worse than Alain's version.

I closed my first ever stage show with PsychoChronetic and went over amazingly. Wonderful reactions when a whole room of people can look at whatever time piece they have and feel like time has turned backwards by a named amount.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
203 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
The app can over clock the current time with an input right in front of them. Ex: Real time is 1:00. You can tap "2" (invisible input) to wake up the phone and it will shoe 1:02 thus, you can activate the "rewind" and it will count back 2 mins back to the real time which everyone can then check.

Hope this clears up a bit. Thanks.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
flymypretty
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of flymypretty
Quote:
It may be the language barrier ... you Brits have really slaughtered the American language.

LOL "you Brits" have slaughtered the "American" language. I think someone needs a lesson on where the English language originates (hint: it's not America!)!

On topic though, the app is very nice. A good idea and put together by one of the best magic app developers. Well done Patrick and Marc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TimeLine - The REAL travel back in time APP (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL