We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TimeLine - The REAL travel back in time APP (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Nathan Alexander, not sure exactly what took place in your video.
It's all in the reflexes.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Don't fault the tricks, and I cut quite a bit out. But basically, did a Rainbow gimmick reveal via their phone after forcing the card of my Rainbow gimmick, then used Timeline to talk about how some tricks are done (via things like the Mandala effect) and how we have different perceptions of what happened in the past. Sounds confusing, but the number of times I've used this "packaging" it's gotten fantastic reactions. Sometimes stunned silence (thanks to this app).
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1495 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, elimagic wrote:
Just got this. I wish the font was a little closer to the actual iphone font but I suspect apple wouldn't like that very much.

More impoortantly, and mabe I'm just missing it. But how do I reset the app without having to close it or go into settings? Just trying to think for strolling situations a simple double click to reset or something surely has to be in the app right?

Is the font different? Would you mind sending me some screenshots to my email or perhaps the Facebook group?
I've worked hard on making it match as closely as possible, and so this shouldn't be an issue unless you've changed your default iOS font size and weight settings dramatically.

Emailed you
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
848 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Don't fault the tricks, and I cut quite a bit out. But basically, did a Rainbow gimmick reveal via their phone after forcing the card of my Rainbow gimmick, then used Timeline to talk about how some tricks are done (via things like the Mandala effect) and how we have different perceptions of what happened in the past. Sounds confusing, but the number of times I've used this "packaging" it's gotten fantastic reactions. Sometimes stunned silence (thanks to this app).

This sounds like a similar routine to the one Patrick performs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jnHY2g......7439a0d7

No idea about Patrick's patter though, I don't speak Thai. I like your idea of using the "Mandela Effect" as a basis for the effect. Anyone Googling "Mandela Effect" right now; warning, it's a bit of a rabbit hole...
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, scott0819 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:

This sounds like a similar routine to the one Patrick performs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jnHY2g......7439a0d7

No idea about Patrick's patter though, I don't speak Thai. I like your idea of using the "Mandela Effect" as a basis for the effect. Anyone Googling "Mandela Effect" right now; warning, it's a bit of a rabbit hole...

I got the inspiration directly from Patrick and Justin Flom. And thanks, I think that topic lends itself so well to this.
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
260 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Mandela Effect plot for presentation is great! Never searched it before and I think it goes quite well with the Rainbow effect. Most audience can relate to those experience too. Thanks for sharing.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
I checked playstore for android and could not find it. Did this every come out for android?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8345 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2019, ash2arani wrote:
Nevermimd, just saw that Marc is the developer which means this is iOS only.

Still looks great.

There’s your answer.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Actually, the Android version is in the works. Not sure if Marc is the one developing it or not. It appears to be almost ready so any day now, hopefully! Smile
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
260 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2020, ash2arani wrote:
Actually, the Android version is in the works. Not sure if Marc is the one developing it or not. It appears to be almost ready so any day now, hopefully! Smile

Yes! Andriod is done. We are just in the process of uploading on the store now. Thanks!
www.patrickkun.com
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

It's worth the wait you guys. Such a brilliant piece to perform. There are so many uses for this. And just to wet your appetite, in the Facebook group someone just posted how they've been using this several times a day (I use it nearly daily as well just when out and about) and it's a great addition for a special moment in someone's day.

So you can use it alone, or in tandem with another effect. This is app is a must-have.
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Hi Patrick,

Is there any news on the android version for TimeLine?

Mike
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Android version is taking longer than expected. Hope to see it land soon!
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
260 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Hi everyone,

Good news. I just published the Andriod version on the Google Play store. It's still in pending mode but hopefully, it'll be released in a day or so. Look out for "TimeLine - Travel Back in Time (Official)"

Now there's a lot of app name Timeline on the Google Store so hopefully, it won't make it too hard to search. I'll have to probably use a different keyword to make the search easier.

Anyway, hope it's out soon. Thanks for the wait everyone.

-Patrick
www.patrickkun.com
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Awesome news!!! Thanks Patrick
lele.lodigiani
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lele.lodigiani
Hi folks. I've tried to search for the app on GooglePlay but I didn't found it. Any news?
Anyway, really good job Patrick!
Thank you for your wonderful creations.

Lele
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
260 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
TimeLine for Andriod is now LIVE on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......timeline

Enjoy!

www.patrickkun.com
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Best news so far! I've been planning something that needed this app and as an Andriod user, I had to think about which of my magician friends' iPhone I could borrow for the show just to do this effect. Don't have to now! Thanks Pat!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Just purchased! Thanks Patrick
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
On the fence with this one (Android). I like the convincer to travel back in time, no matter if the spectator believes it or not, it's a nice pre-visual.
But: Is the app compatible with different languages or is it English only. I know, this is not important for the time (except the 12/24h system), but the week day and the date beneath it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TimeLine - The REAL travel back in time APP (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL