The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Force a Country (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
Hi Friends,
Looking to force a country for a stage routine, any ideas?
At the time I found:
- Vortex Magic Presents DESTINATION by Philip Ryan (Svengali Postcards)
- It's in My Genes (Gimmicks and Online Instructions) by Michel
-Mental Pen by João Miranda and Gustavo Sereno (combined with a Map)
-sv....y pad
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of TomB
Pick any country. Have them pick a number 1 to 26.
Each number represents a letter in the alphabet. The following 3 letters will only have one country
Number 15 represents the Letter O and you get Oman,
Number 17 for Q for Qatar,
Number 25 for Y for Yemen.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you can verify with PROOF that you are actually a magician, you could probably use my "Sealed Envelope Prediction" in The Wizards' Journal #40, item 5. However, without knowing what your stage routine is and why you must force a country and make it big enough to perform on a stage... we are pretty much guessing what on earth you are thinking about.
Drylid
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drylid
What is proof of being a magician? Lol
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, TomB wrote:
Each number represents a letter in the alphabet. The following 3 letters will only have one country

Thank you for your idea
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
If you can verify with PROOF that you are actually a magician, you could probably use my "Sealed Envelope Prediction" in The Wizards' Journal #40, item 5. However, without knowing what your stage routine is and why you must force a country and make it big enough to perform on a stage... we are pretty much guessing what on earth you are thinking about.

I would like to present a "confabulation" in my mental show
where there are some "forcing" and other "free choices"
to reveal in the end a great prediction with, the various choices, and even a Country.
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, Drylid wrote:

I need to complete a confabulation in a mental show
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, Drylid wrote:

https://www.magicnook.com/forum/bioFG.htm and scroll down to my name.

That's my proof. What's yours? 43 posts like this one?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, magictia wrote:
I would like to present a "confabulation" in my mental show
where there are some "forcing" and other "free choices"
to reveal in the end a great prediction with, the various choices, and even a Country.

One of the routines described in my "Sealed Envelope Prediction" in The Wizards' Journal #40 ( https://www.magicnook.com/WizJournal/WJ-40ALL.htm and scroll down to item 5) is to pass out three large manila window envelopes to three people in the audience. Through the windows you can see that each large envelope contains a smaller airmail envelope, which also has a window. Then to one of the "contestants" you toss an inflatable globe for picking either an ocean or a continent. To another "contestant" you hand a deck of cards wrapped in a rubber band, and have him reach into the deck and remove one card. To a third contestant, you hold out a handful of bills (currency) from a variety of countries around the world and while your back is turned, you have him "snitch" one and stick it in his pocket. Now their envelopes are opened and reveal a smaller sealed airmail window envelope which they can then tear open and discover that all three selections were predicted long before when they were first sealed up. Contestant number 1's envelope contains the name of the continent or ocean he chose from the globe. Contestant number 2's envelope contains a duplicate to the card he chose from a jumbo deck. Contestant three's envelope contains a duplicate of the currency he "snitched" and pocketed. That's one kind of confabulation I am releasing in my "Sealed Envelope Prediction", and there are other routines possible as well. If you are interested. But I am serious about having you VERIFY that you are a magician before you order. I don't sell my magic secrets to just anybody who wants to know the secrets and who probably won't perform them.
Drylid
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drylid
That's not proof Jimbo.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
929 Posts

Profile of Aus
Get a copy of Oxfords Guide to Countries of the World then have a playing card inserted among the pages in bookmark fashion and have the book opened at the inserted card taking note of the country on the revealed page. Look into Dai Vernons Magazine test in tarbell 5 for the forcing method used for this process.

Magically

Aus

Click here to view attached image.
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of TomB
There was a magic trick where you blindfolded a person and they stuck a tack in the map. I am not sure but they may have even lit the map on fire to reveal something. This is a faded memory maybe someone can help name this magic trick.

There is also an app map trick where you give your phone to a person and they select a location. And then you magically know it. I have never used it, found it searching for the the method above. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrieum.mapeffect)
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
You can have a photo of a world map and show it to them, blank. Then you ask them to sit back and relax (pseudo-hypnosis style presentation). Secretly switch the paper out for one that has your target country circled. Give them the paper face down on a clipboard. Spin the clipboard so that nobody knows the orientation of the map. Have the spectator circle a random spot on the page, but give him a dried pen or marker.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
468 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, TomB wrote:

Although, Yugoslavia has been changed over to individual republics...I suppose somebody could think of it (rather than Yemen)...I did! Smile

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, TomB wrote:
There was a magic trick where you blindfolded a person and they stuck a tack in the map. This is a faded memory maybe someone can help name this magic trick.

I have seen this in the 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda. Called A Million to One in Step Four part 3 (Predictions for the Stage).
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of TomB
AceOfShades, that is the one, thank you!

magictia,
So you can do the map version that Corinda does, or the globe version of Cook and Buckley from Gems of Mental Magic. You should be able to find Corinda online for free as it's out of copyright, or hard copy pretty cheap. It is a must for all mentalists.
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
Thank yo so much, toAceOfShades I have Corinda,
and thanks to :
AUS, TomB, ryanshaw9572, Mark Williams
I think I will use a Map with the addition of the Mental pen by Joao Miranda
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8572
This will be very practical and direct
in anticipation of having more choices made,
it is better not to be too long or have multiple phases for a single choice ....
Thanks to all of you and your support
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
You could read Psychological forces vol 7 by Peter Turner, he explains an awesome way to force Paris, if you can pull it off then you will have a tool and an effect that will serve you forever.
walidosama
View Profile
New user
algeria
90 Posts

Profile of walidosama
Why don't you use a force pad full with countrys???
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2019, walidosama wrote:
Why don't you use a force pad full with countrys???

Because I use a pad to another effect and try to not repeat method .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Force a Country (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL