The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Force an hour (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Hi Friends,
Looking to force an hour for a stage routine, possibly without using electronics any ideas?
At the time I found:
- 00:00 by Himitsu Magic
-Tick Tock by Sean Goodman (DVD and Gimmicks)
-old method (stem button)
Drylid
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Is this for the magicians date effect?
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of TomB
You can have them roll invisible dice. That gives you a value of 2 to 12, and after little math you can tell them the two dice they rolled. And then, use the number for your hour.
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, Drylid wrote:
Is this for the magicians date effect?

I want to performe a confabulation where there is some force and some free choice...
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, TomB wrote:
You can have them roll invisible dice. That gives you a value of 2 to 12, and after little math you can tell them the two dice they rolled. And then, use the number for your hour.

Thank you but I need to know before the hour and I wish the choice will be very simple, this will be a phase of a mental effect (more simple and direct possible).
Drylid
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drylid
There are many simpler ways of doing this but we cant tell you outright on the forum. Id suggest kevin james' lecture on penguin live. he covers impromptu magicians date performances
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
925 Posts

Profile of Aus
Why not get a force bag and some slips of paper and force the hour that way? Get a group of playing cards ace through to queen (jack being 11 and queen being 12) and use a card force to force the number.

If you have royal Road to card magic look for a trick in there called Grab Bag which is a process of elimination type trick, instead of using it as a prediction trick use it as a forcing process.

Make 12 buddha papers and write 1 through 12 on each side of the 12 papers then the force number on the reverse side. Have them pick any buddha paper and force the number then reveal the different numbers on the other papers.

Also look at some YouTube tutorials as there are some things I found on there that would solve your problem easily.

Magically

Aus
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, Drylid wrote:
There are many simpler ways of doing this but we cant tell you outright on the forum. Id suggest kevin james' lecture on penguin live. he covers impromptu magicians date performances

Thank you, I will check I remember some good stuff (the napkin rose and the bottle) but I've forget the"date" effect....thank you thank you
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, Aus wrote:
Why not get a force bag and some slips of paper and force the hour that way? Get a group of playing cards ace through to queen (jack being 11 and queen being 12) and use a card force to force the number.

If you have royal Road to card magic look for a trick in there called Grab Bag which is a process of elimination type trick, instead of using it as a prediction trick use it as a forcing process.

Make 12 buddha papers and write 1 through 12 on each side of the 12 papers then the force number on the reverse side. Have them pick any buddha paper and force the number then reveal the different numbers on the other papers.

Also look at some YouTube tutorials as there are some things I found on there that would solve your problem easily.

Magically

Aus

Thank you so much,
but for my style to do mental, and this routine precisely,
I need to be very simple and quick and try to avoid "multiple step choices".
I will still keep your ideas for other situations anyway
thanks
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
925 Posts

Profile of Aus
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, magictia wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, Aus wrote:

Magically

Aus

Thank you so much,
but for my style to do mental, and this routine precisely,
I need to be very simple and quick and try to avoid "multiple step choices".
I will still keep your ideas for other situations anyway
thanks

No worry's, just a suggestion for next time, just include those stipulations in your OP so people aren't wasting their time giving suggestions that aren't suitable.

Magically

Aus
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
925 Posts

Profile of Aus
How do you define simple and direct? Sure, process of elimination effects are multi step but selecting a card would take about the same time as turning the stem on a pocket watch for 00:00 by Himitsu Magic. If your not one of those mentalists that seem to have a allergic reaction to using playing cards in your mentalism then may I suggest the blank Svengali deck. I'll put the demo video in this post, but if you use it in the way it's demoed in the video you could use it for both forcing a time and a country.

Magically

Aus
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of TomB
That is a really good solution for something fast and inexpensive.

There are a lot of expensive watches that have a forced time.

I like the way Colin deals with free choice. Depending on how long your bit is you might try something like this

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3357 Posts

Profile of Julie
The op alludes to: old method (stem button). Find a suitable pocket watch, preferably with a lid, and you're in business. The watch itself opens up a doorway to all kinds of believable presentation options without any "tricky" machinations which inevitably detract from your premise... and it is inexpensive.

Julie
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, Aus wrote:
How do you define simple and direct? Sure, process of elimination effects are multi step but selecting a card would take about the same time as turning the stem on a pocket watch for 00:00 by Himitsu Magic. If your not one of those mentalists that seem to have a allergic reaction to using playing cards in your mentalism then may I suggest the blank Svengali deck. I'll put the demo video in this post, but if you use it in the way it's demoed in the video you could use it for both forcing a time and a country.

Magically

Aus
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Thank you so much Aus, this really fit in my style,
you was very kind to spend your time to find a good solution for me,
I really appreciate that !!!
I promise the next time I will be more precise with my message.
THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, TomB wrote:
That is a really good solution for something fast and inexpensive.

There are a lot of expensive watches that have a forced time.

I like the way Colin deals with free choice. Depending on how long your bit is you might try something like this

magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
21 Posts

Profile of magictia
I can't watch the video..
Galalith
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Galalith
Yep it doesn't work
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Force an hour (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL