The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ReaList - ULTIMATE predictions, on ONE borrowed phone! (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I was able to find the site with a little playing around. It looks great and even though I’m sure of the concept behind the first method, I absolutely cannot discover the method while playing around.

Looks great. Is it an improvement on DFB? Hmmmm I’m not so sure at this point.

I think the biggest advantage of DFB is that people do genuinely make lists on their phone with the notes app so it seems very natural. While google having stats seems logical, it’s something they’ve never encountered before, so I fear they may feel weary of it even if it is on their phone.

Madison
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I absolutely love DFB but I wouldn’t agree with Madison that many people have lists of the top 100 celebrities or groceries on their phones .
It may sound believable ( which is good enough ) but in reality hardly anyone does imo .
Not using your phone and using theirs ( as this app does ) to show them such a list exists on google would actually seem 100% plausible imo Gaz 🙂
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I absolutely love DFB but I wouldn’t agree with Madison that many people have lists of the top 100 celebrities or groceries on their phones .
It may sound believable ( which is good enough ) but in reality hardly anyone does imo .
Not using your phone and using theirs ( as this app does ) to show them such a list exists on google would actually seem 100% plausible imo Gaz 🙂

Fair enough! I guess I’ve always used my notes app more than most. Long before DFB, I kept lists.

Lists of random celebrities? No. Shopping lists? Yes. Lists of magic tricks I can perform at the drop of a hat? Yes. Show ideas? Yes.

Using a celebrity is quite literally the most lazy thing you can do with DFB. With a little creativity, it’s very simple to come up with a list that makes sense.

Madison
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2246 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Greg, it looks amazing and I can't wait for the release so I can put it into use. I'm doing another 2 week tour through Europe in September, hope to use it there!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
So you really think some can make an good decision whether to buy the app or not if all negative reviews get deleted?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2246 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
No, I don't think all can... but I know that I'm able to.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Madison I use my notes to write down what to do lists and magic effect lists and even save tutorial links there . I was just saying it makes more sense showing a spectator a list of items or celebrities etc that say google had compiled after doing a survey etc etc or their own phone .
Like I say I love DFB and this has the potential to take things even further imo Gaz 🙂
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
There's a difference between negative views and passive aggressive abuse.
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, magic_tony wrote:
That is concerning. Where are negative opinions being deleted?

I have screenshots.

Quote:
Is there a real demo of the actual trick yet?

Two official videos are available. One with his doughter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_b4HwVE......1zAFIuKk
And one with his son:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgNfjCVf......m7o7JxWQ
These videos show the 2 methods. In the "hands off method" he performed with his son you clearly see that the statement Greg made (Method 2 Features:
* You NEVER touch their phone, and your phone is NEVER in play.) is untrue.

To clarify: If you think you can force anything you want like DFB without touching their phone you are wrong. Don't mix the 2 methods Greg announced. With the first method you need to touch their phone. In this version you have access to your own lists, language etc. With the second method you tell the spectator to open a fake site and you have to swipe on your phone to connect to the spectators phone. The chances are low but if another magician somewhere in the world swipes at the same time you are screwed. If some visit the website later cause they get interested in these google statistcs, the will find out that the whole website with it's dummy buttons is fake within 1 second.

Greg is very vague in his Facebook group as well. I would like to get un unbiased review of someone who purchased this. Said this I bet this negative post will be considered passive aggressive abuse and deleted without comment as well. But screenshot is taken Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Based on Greg’s other effects it matters not whether someone in the world is using it as well . Your URL is created in real time and then is unique to you on that performance so then can be no collision Gaz 🙂
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Based on Greg’s other effects

Have send a PM to you which explains everything. Since you didn't comment the rest you agree I guess. Smile
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Eh. Clever use of technology, but no reason to switch over from DFB in my opinion. DFB is perfect, no need to further 'Guild the Lily' as they say.
Craig333
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Craig333
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, MadisonH wrote:
I was able to find the site with a little playing around. It looks great and even though I’m sure of the concept behind the first method, I absolutely cannot discover the method while playing around.

Looks great. Is it an improvement on DFB? Hmmmm I’m not so sure at this point.

I think the biggest advantage of DFB is that people do genuinely make lists on their phone with the notes app so it seems very natural. While google having stats seems logical, it’s something they’ve never encountered before, so I fear they may feel weary of it even if it is on their phone.

Madison

that's an interesting point, I love DFB and have a stack of photos in my wallet to use with it and some inject effects I mix with it so for me I can see me using all 3 effect together, DFB to force a food from my shopping list, realist to force a populate destination people search for or go to, then have a photo of me in Vegas eating a banana on a real photo or you can then got that one step further using inject by having them look at the photo of and guess the time of day it is.... zoom into my watch and it matches... all 3 different cancelling out each others methods, overkill maybe but that's just an example of an effect you could do with all 3 apps made up while I was typing this message lol... I plan on getting this as soon as its out. and TBH when I first seen it I thought meh its just a ripoff of DFB but the more I think about it the better it appeals to me Smile

now if I could just get Wikitest on Android I'd be a happy man as them 4 mixed together could start a cult lol
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3021 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, Calvin826 wrote:
Eh. Clever use of technology, but no reason to switch over from DFB in my opinion. DFB is perfect, no need to further 'Guild the Lily' as they say.

A DFB type effect on the spectator's phone would be a clear advancement in many situations -if the technology was/is implemented properly.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Frittentick, I totally agree with your need for an unbiased review and I also agree that you are potentially not left clean once the spec takes the website away and examines it for a min. But to be fair, this hasn't even gone live yet so we will have to find out and it will clearly get updates.

I must say though, from a totally non-partisan POV, your tone is definitely passive aggressive, rude and tips from someone asking for a fair review into someone having some kind of agenda / vendetta. Just saying.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
[/quote]

now if I could just get Wikitest on Android I'd be a happy man as them 4 mixed together could start a cult lol [/quote]

You would not be the only one to feel happy. Wikitest on Android would be so great.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but couldn't resist.
Luccky
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, SharkTrager442 wrote:
Frittentick,

I must say though, from a totally non-partisan POV, your tone is definitely passive aggressive, rude and tips from someone asking for a fair review into someone having some kind of agenda / vendetta. Just saying.

Totally agree with you. Café becomes more and more a place where people are rude and aggressive without reason. Frittentick is just another exemple of this kind of behaviors. It's ok to ask questions but no need to be unpolite.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I am not able to find it on the google store... Any help ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, doriancaudal wrote:
I am not able to find it on the google store... Any help ?

The review process will take some time.
After review it should show in this link :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/devel......mi+Magic
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, SharkTrager442 wrote:
and it will clearly get updates.

Do you have some insider informations?

Quote:
your tone is definitely passive aggressive, rude

Can be it sounds rude when trying to be clear. Especially when promises are made which can't be held.

Quote:
someone having some kind of agenda / vendetta. Just saying.
You just registered and contributed to this thread only. Do you have some kind of vendetta?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ReaList - ULTIMATE predictions, on ONE borrowed phone! (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL