The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ ReaList - ULTIMATE predictions, on ONE borrowed phone! (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1677 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just ordered it.
The video link says its been taken down by the owner though, when I try to access it on my pc.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1677 Posts

Profile of 252life
No problem accessing it directly from the app though

-Theodore Annemann
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, Calvin826 wrote:
Eh. Clever use of technology, but no reason to switch over from DFB in my opinion. DFB is perfect, no need to further 'Guild the Lily' as they say.

A DFB type effect on the spectator's phone would be a clear advancement in many situations -if the technology was/is implemented properly.

DFB for me and probably other Android users has become a bit of a let down from the perspective that it is not updated by the maker whilst iOS receives new updates. Having RealList presenting well on any device will be great. I'll probably pick this up bit would love to see a page of stats to see what the spec will see when it's used ...are there likely to be any pics that will be shared??
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2607 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
DFB for me and probably other Android users has become a bit of a let down from the perspective that it is not updated by the maker whilst iOS receives new updates. Having RealList presenting well on any device will be great. I'll probably pick this up bit would love to see a page of stats to see what the spec will see when it's used ...are there likely to be any pics that will be shared??

Here are the advantages of an online list:

1. You'll notice from this screen grab that ReaList uses REAL trending topics on the first screen.
Spectators immediately recognize these trending topics which gives the website a feeling of legitimacy.

2. Having a numbered online list is very organic ... the internet is FILLED with many lists that are natural and motivated.
Other products suffer from "Why would you have a NUMBERED list of 100 movies on YOUR (the magician's) phone"?

3. An online list allows you to perform either in person or over the phone/Facetime/text.
This is GREAT for performing on the phone for potential clients, or just friends and family that are far away.

4. The fact that an online "trending" list is always changing, gives you this advantage:
"These lists are CONSTANTLY updated, so you never really know WHAT you'll find on them ..."

5. ReaList allows stage magicians to perform for the ENTIRE audience AT THE SAME TIME.
Imagine having a spectator on stage with their fingers in their ears, and your entire audience looks at a randomly selected city on their phones ... without a word, the spectator can hear what the audience is silently THINKING!?! (Use your favorite **** conducting device for this performance)

6. The two methods in ReaList, allow you to perform MULTIPLE predictions, back to back, for multiple predictions.
Your spectators can freely choose different numbers as you go from one list to another.

7. And ... THE most important advantage is ... you don't need ANYTHING to perform ReaList.
As long as you've launched ReaList in the last 24 hours, you're ALWAYS ready to perform on any borrowed phone.

During Magic Live 2019, late at night, after MANY performances, my phone was DEAD!

BUT, I continued to perform ReaList effects on any borrowed phone ...
The confidence of being able to perform ANY time, is a feeling of POWER that I've never had with any other prop/product!
People were constantly approaching me to show them my latest effect ... I just had a huge smile on my face as I would say "Let's do it NOW"!

cheers,
Greg

Click here to view attached image.
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Hi Greg
If a spectator goes back to the list at a later date will they still see the same thing?
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
260 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Sparda wrote:
Hi Greg
If a spectator goes back to the list at a later date will they still see the same thing?

This is my question too... Big fan of both Inject and RA, but still am curious about how this actually works.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I wouldn't think so as he said that the lists are constantly being updated? Not sure what the interval is though. Looks great!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2607 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
When the spectator refreshes the page, they will see the force item at their number.

The only time that changes is if they open another tab or ask someone else to visit the page.

This has never happened to me in ALL of my performances, but if it ever does come up, the simple answer is:

"Yes, these trending sites are updated every minute (it says that at the bottom left of the screen)".

Hence, it makes sense that they now would be looking at a different list on another spectator's phone.

G Ro
Frittentick
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Greg Rostami wrote:
This has never happened to me in ALL of my performances

Of course not cause you perform on conventions for fellow magicians or for your kids only 😂
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Greg Rostami wrote:
When the spectator refreshes the page, they will see the force item at their number.

The only time that changes is if they open another tab or ask someone else to visit the page.

This has never happened to me in ALL of my performances, but if it ever does come up, the simple answer is:

"Yes, these trending sites are updated every minute (it says that at the bottom left of the screen)".

Hence, it makes sense that they now would be looking at a different list on another spectator's phone.

G Ro

So if they close the tab and next day go back to it, it will be different? Just trying to make sure I understand...
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2607 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Sparda wrote:
So if they close the tab and next day go back to it, it will be different? Just trying to make sure I understand...

Yes. If they close the tab, and go back to it the next day, it will be different.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3113 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes is the answer imo but that is a good thing . They should have changed with the constant updated trends in your spectators mind .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Vincenzo
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
200 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
How does the new non-swipe input method compare to DFB? Is it just as easy to code the number in?
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
218 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2019, Vincenzo wrote:
How does the new non-swipe input method compare to DFB? Is it just as easy to code the number in?

Yep that's right.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1293 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I have to say this is a very clever app. Having the ability to perform on a spectator's phone when you don't have your phone on you is very valuable. When you get asked to do a trick and you don't have anything on you, this could be your go to trick. The other method where you don't touch the spectator's phone at all is even more impressive. I just had this done to me over video chat and the p***ing is so clean, natural and fooling. Such a useful app to own. Excellent!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2019, 252life wrote:
Just ordered it.
The video link says its been taken down by the owner though, when I try to access it on my pc.

I hate you 252life lol. Iím joking. You bought it, so I want to now. I said I wasnít going to purchase anything from Greg any longer. 😂 Ok, all BS aside. This does look like an alternative way to perform DFB. I love DFB. But this looks like it has some advantages that DFB doesnít. The primary one would be that it can be done using the specs phone. As for the way I feel about certain things. Iím willing to push those off to the side for this. Iíll be honest, this looks very impressive Greg. At this moment the only reason I have t purchased it was because of something someone mentioned earlier. If I were to perform this at the same time as other performers, will it interfere or interrupt either performer?

And yes, Iíll say it. Iím a hypocrite. 🤷‍♂️ But this looks too good to pass up.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1677 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lmao, whatís shaking Lonnie, we need to catch up.
Iím afraid to recommend anything to you anymore though..Smile
But, this app does seem to do what it says.
In my perfect world, certain important text in the app would be larger.
I also had (have?) an issue where the task bar obstructed that text on the phone being borrowed.
This is info you need to see btw.
I contacted Greg and he promptly responded by the way.
Within a few hours it appeared to be corrected.
Not 100% sure though, your mileage may vary.

Bottom line- Iím happy with this so far.

Lonnie.....you upset it doesnít come with a little keypad?? Lololol

-Theodore Annemann
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2019, 252life wrote:
Lmao, whatís shaking Lonnie, we need to catch up.
Iím afraid to recommend anything to you anymore though..Smile
But, this app does seem to do what it says.
In my perfect world, certain important text in the app would be larger.
I also had (have?) an issue where the task bar obstructed that text on the phone being borrowed.
This is info you need to see btw.
I contacted Greg and he promptly responded by the way.
Within a few hours it appeared to be corrected.
Not 100% sure though, your mileage may vary.

Bottom line- Iím happy with this so far.

Lonnie.....you upset it doesnít come with a little keypad?? Lololol

We definitely do need to catch up. And yes!!! I am upset that Greg left out the keypad. Lol. I actually purchased it because Greg did respond and informed me that my concerns werenít concerns. Which is great. This is an updated version to the DFB imo. Does everything DFB does. Plus a couple other things. I just played around with it for a few minutes and can honestly say it is worth the price. I think the most complicated aspect of it will be visualizing a specific thing. There is a ton of detail thatís gone into this. Iím not gonna lie. I like this. And Greg shows better customer service than another larger company I wonít mentions name. Which is pretty important. Iíll be back to review this as soon as I have a better understanding of itís workings. Outside of the minor lag Iím experiencing when swiping,, so far so good.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Alright. Here are my initial thoughts on ReaList.

WOW.
I did not see that coming. This thing is packed with all types of cool features. It resembles a few of the existing apps all in one. Very clever and thoroughly thought through. Usually, and as of lately thereís been a lot of hype and no hop. This doesnít seem to be one of those. ( Thankfully ) within the first few minutes of the tutorial ( which is over an hour ) I was feeling that unique laugh build up. And the further I got into the tutorial the more it built up until finally it just came out. ( which got the weird eye from the people I was around ) itís Super impressive. You have to see some of the stuff to believe it or understand how easy Greg and his team has made this for users. Very user friendly.

There are a few methods that are taught. ( no smart watch method yet ) All three of which are easy to do and are justified. The third one is a magician fooler for sure. As I mentioned above, ReaList has a combination of existing apps and some of its own. I absolutely love DFB. And this has every feature Plus some. Although, I donít see ReaList replacing DFB because I feel that they both have its preference in the way Iím using them. So no conflict for me there. One of the best features is how you edit the *or*e item/person/place. A ton of time was put into that area alone.

One thing I do want to say is, in the ad copy it says youíll be performing in 5 minutes. I donít think that will be the case for everyone. But for the most part I donít feel that the majority will have any issues. The reason I say that is solely because I struggled for a few extra tries because of a certain ( . ) It was a little confusing. And Iím very familiar with app magic.

At this time, Iím really enjoying ReaList. Has a lot of potential. And itís a ton of fun. Iíve got no problem setting my pride aside to praise this effect. It is well worth the asking price imo. Actually, I feel like this is underpriced. So if youíre on the fence or want to save money, Iíd recommend this product before the price increase. ( pending a horrible malfunction during performance lol. Highly unlikely though )

Well thatís my initial review and Iíll be back once Iíve had time to perform this and get a better feel for it. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1677 Posts

Profile of 252life
Great review Lonnie Smile
I went from being a no app guy, to having about five on my phone. Ugh .

Iím currently working on an amazing new app exclusively for mentalists.
It shocks you every time you spend money on more mentalism.
Negative reinforcement at its best.
Iím going to call it Clockwork Orange.
Lonnie will provide a detailed review shortly.
Pre orders being accepted now.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ ReaList - ULTIMATE predictions, on ONE borrowed phone! (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL