The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Justifying iForce to Spectator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
111 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
I've got the technical stuff down, but I'm having a hard time "selling" the effect. My wife and my sister thought there was something voice-activated about the effect. It doesn't matter if they're wrong.

Any thoughts on justifying this effect to participants?

At this rate, I'm going to have to start doing billets.
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
Karl Hein has a nice use for this in his At the Table Lecture. Andy at thejerx.com also has an interesting idea: http://www.thejerx.com/blog/2015/8/2/nyq......etm5rdu0
Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
111 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
Thank you.

Mark
Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
111 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
Andy must have an interesting audience!
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
Ha ha, yeah, I use that presentation all the time with sesame street characters. It's fantastic!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2494 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Ravenspur, if this is an app you want to incorporate into your informal performances, my best advice is to start using it even when you don't need the multiple outs.

I use this anytime I want to write down the name of a playing card, or any thought a participant is thinking--a word, a number, a drawing, etc. When you start getting used to using it as a natural extension of how you present information, you'll be a lot more casual when it comes to using its more deceptive attributes.

Of course, you shouldn't neglect billet work. I'm quite comfortable with the switches, peeks, and tears that I use. But in the absence of a writing implement and a little piece of paper, start using this as an ACTUAL doodle app.

The mistake most people make with this kind of tool, is that they ONLY use it when they're using the multiple out. Don't be most people.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
111 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
Steven,

Thanks. That's good and practical advice. I can do that in my classroom, my main stage. I haven't been doing magic for a year yet. I've mapped out the areas of magic and keep coming back to mentalism or mental magic tricks. I think that's the Derren Brown influence. You just solved a major problem for me!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Justifying iForce to Spectator (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL