The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Slights and tricks with a elastic band key (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cm593
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of cm593
Hi!,

I've recently purchased 'The Key by Wayne Dobson' and been playing around with ideas and practicing the routine it comes wth.

But I was wondering if there is anywhere else that might offer other ideas on routines and tricks other than that using a spectators ring as done by Wayne Dobson.

I really like the idea of using it with every other day items that can be performed on the street etc so was looking for anywhere I might find some slights and ideas to help with switching the gimmick so that I can start and finish clean.

Thanks in advance!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21976 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you read the rules of The Café, you will note there is a Secret Topic, when you get 50 helpful posts, that topic will appear at the bottom of the Café website. There you can discuss openly helpful tips, if there is another member willing to share his ideas, and knows or owns the same effect you wish to discuss.

Your title is misleading, as there is elastic band magic, but you ask about a The Key. That is title as nothing to do with The Key routine. So why would anyone not interested in rubber band magic click on your posting. Just something to think about when posting.

I have the very 1st offering of the The Key by the originator, but your question is hard to answer. Because you are asking more of a knowledge question concerning the presentation of magic. As your knowledge grows, say in coin magic, some moves can be adapted to other items. Being creative is not easy, but it is fun, when you find something that adds to the total effect.

Did you search The Café, using the search engine, to see if there were any other posts discussing the effect? You may find an idea, who knows.

With the key, why not link it to another key, or even a key ring. Create a story about about jumbled keys and an experience that surprised you with this key.

Welcome to the Café and I hope you enjoy your visits. Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
dalo
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of dalo
Hi, You might use it as a "Brema nut" if you can find or have a look alike key.

Put it on a string an switch it for the non gimmicked key under a handkerchief, knotting the fair key to the string.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Slights and tricks with a elastic band key (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL