The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ecce-loquor - How To Read Anything - by Iain Dunford (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Right... So Iain sent me this, we're vaguely acquainted, as in I've met him a couple of times or so. He likes fancy beer, I don't. That's about the end of that.

I've read this, and it took me some time, because as someone who works in a magic shop, magic is the last thing on my mind when I finish... First thing would be my crappy beers Smile

I will comment only on the content, and not on the spelling, as Iain told me Im not his friend if I do. Presumably because I got a pre-release copy and not the actual finished product.

So, first overview... I like this!

This to me feels like something that Enrique Enriquez could've written, and I mean that in the best possible way. It is sort of demystified readings. It also reminds me of something a friend of mine told me about, of asking the universe for an answer to a question, and then go about your day and you will find your answer to your question along the line. I also used to readings based on a person's travels and every day timeline, what they would mention and what they didn't. It's neither of these. But it made me think of them.

I found the writing very personable, and easy to read, but sometimes a little unstructured, like I didn't know why I was reading a particular chapter. But having read it, it all makes sense in the end. So you have to read all of it, all of his thoughts, and then pause and reflect and take it in... Then it all makes sense.

He gives you creative exercises, which are just a lot of fun. I find myself doing these exercises in every day situations now. Read everything! I personally believe if you absorb these things, they will make your readings better. I used to do, mostly, palm readings, but if you've done this for any amount of time, you realise that it's about unleashing your stream of consciousness whilst you're reading. This is basically the demystified version of this... so I think by following his exercises and by reading this book, any reading you do will be better.

He then shares his Tarography, and I see the value in this... but it's not for me. If I'm gonna introduce a prop in my readings, rather than palm readings, then I would rather introduce a proper tarot deck. But again, if you don't want to dabble with that, then do this. If I had a deck like this, I might use it, but I'm not going to go through the hassle of having it printed. So buy it from him, I guess.

He includes some tricks as well. I didn't particularly care for them, not because they were bad, but just because I do very similar things. and I have my preferences. THey will show you some of his thinking in terms of effects and how to apply the system in the book.

So overall, if you're new to readings, definitely get this, as it will help you get started. I would still recommend reading and learning other systems too. If you're doing readings, you might not get AS much out of it, but it will give you an angle for a less spiritual/mystical crowd, which won't be alienating.

For now, I think this sums up my thoughts! If you got any questions... ask me... no wait... just ask Iain... Smile

All the best,
Dan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thank you for the review!
ONEFIVE gets 15% off for the time being...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ecce-loquor - How To Read Anything - by Iain Dunford (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL