The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a coin gimmick I saw a long time ago... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bcstoner
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of bcstoner
So I was at the MAXX convention in Dallas awhile back and I was shown a coin that I wanted to buy but had already spent all my money on literally EVERYTHING in the dealer room.... Yes. Really. Everything. It was my first magic convention and I was so excited I decided to max out my credit card over the weekend. And now I've decided that I want to wet my whistle in coin magic. Anyways on to the coin.

I've looked for something like it everywhere but since I don't know what it's called, it's making finding it rather difficult. It was 3.. maybe 4 coins but looked like one when they were all stuck together(magnetic coins). But when you pulled a coin off it also looked like a normal coin but skinnier..obviously. Anyone got any clues or ideas on what this is called or who the hell makes it? I believe it was Michael Kaminskas who showed it to me but don't take my word on that. He was either trying to sell it for $75 or $150, can't remember that either.

Anyways... hope this is enough for someone to figure it out and thanks in advance.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Sounds like a Triple Threat or Nesting set. But if you're thinking $75-150, you might want to double your higher number. If you're just starting coin work, it's probably not a good purchase as even though it's a gimmick it takes work. Better off getting a shell and learning the basics. Just my 2 cents.
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
59 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
For that price range it sounds like a triple split coin. A nesting shell set isn’t cheap and a triple threat is 450 new and isn’t wholesaled in any respect. Check out Johnny Wong’s double face super triple coin
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Payner44
JJ’s Coin Coalition!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Yes Poor dini got it I believe. Triple split coin.
bcstoner
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of bcstoner
Yes. After searching it definitely was a 3 split coin. And I'm now 100% positive that I got what he was selling it for completely wrong lol. It seems the last person to make something like this was Auke van Dokkum with his Gemini Coin. But he passed away in 2018. But I messaged a few of the big names in coins and finally got an email back by someone who says they can do it and we are working out the details right now. Thanks everyone for your help.
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
59 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
For my triple split I simply photocopied a face onto a sticker. It is nothing compared to the Gemini set, but does the trick cheaply and effectively
bcstoner
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of bcstoner
Yea - I thought about stickers but you still cant hand it out. I want to be able to hand someone one of these coins.
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
59 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
The Gemini definitely cannot be handed out. The coins are super thin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a coin gimmick I saw a long time ago... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL