The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Can't remember what trick this silk prop is for... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

future4told
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of future4told
I was cleaning out some boxes and trying to reorganize my magic closet when I came across a silk that is a triangle with a cord attached to it. The silk is about 18" each side and the cord comes out one of the points. At the end of the cord is a metal sleeve about an inch long kind of like the plastic on a shoelace. The end of the sleeve has a bit of a rim to it like it may be gripped by something else. My guess is it is some type of vanishing silk but for the life of me I can't remember what trick or what apparatus it worked with. Please help, thanks!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8362 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Your description of the prop doesn't help much. Props, like what you mention, should be stored in a plastic Zip Loc bag, WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS. (Some day your WID0W will appreciate that,
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
future4told
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of future4told
LOL That is part of the reason I'm cleaning and organizing it all! I was 1/2 way there, it was in a ziplock bag just minus any instructions or identification.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check on an appearing cane and see if that grommet fits the hole in the release device.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
From what you describe, it could be an Abbott's Odd Triple. Silk moves between two solid color silks.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Can't remember what trick this silk prop is for... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL