The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What do you bring with you for a walk around routine? (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
52 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
I have been using a holster made by high caliber magic. It makes pockets empty and seems like you haven t got anything on your person. It is great for reel work as it is heave with the decks in and coins etc.
I would certainly check these out if possible as they make you feel great knowing everything is available at a reach just under your shirt or jacket.
100 % organisation makes table approach a breeze.
SSR
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1111 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2020, Sideshow Rod wrote:
I have been using a holster made by high caliber magic. It makes pockets empty and seems like you haven t got anything on your person. It is great for reel work as it is heave with the decks in and coins etc.
I would certainly check these out if possible as they make you feel great knowing everything is available at a reach just under your shirt or jacket.
100 % organisation makes table approach a breeze.
SSR

I’ll second the HCM holsters. Awesome. Too bad Joel doesn’t seem to be making them right now. I sure hope he gets HCM rollling again because it’s a brilliant idea and there are some attachments/accessories I’d like to add to my holsters. I’ve got three.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1716 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2020, magic.99 wrote:
Those of you interested in adding a chop cup routine to your walk around, consider this: Michael O'Brien LIVE ACT, available at Penguin.

this is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLmQ8KDxEM
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
My typical walk around for corporate gigs would be a normal deck and a sharpie for signed ACR to wallet.

A packet trick wallet with blank cards for ACR and one or two packet tricks. B'wave and maybe Double Back. Sometimes I'll just keep Double Back in a deck along with a 3 1/2 of spades.

Sponge bunnies

Mini chop cup

CSB transpo

Plus some back up stuff depending on my mood and pocket space that day, that I never ended up using anyway, and a case in the car with more parlor stuff just in case.
Macofchester
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Macofchester
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, AndyMo805 wrote:
Love Chamberlin's post above... in the same spirit:

Front Pants Pockets: CCK... and Magnetic Scotch & Soda
Rear Pants Pockets: 4th Sponge Ball (L) Invisible Deck (R)
Left Coat: 3 Sponge Balls
Right Coat: Normal Deck, Sharpie, Purse Frame, Single coin Matching S&S.
Left Inside: Turbo Stick & Marker. Packet Wallet.
Right Inside: Mental Photog Deck & Ropes. (Daryl Type Routine)
Front Shirt: Lethal Tender & "Contact"

I would LOVE to add a Mini Chop Cup to my set. I own a few. And ideas or video links of routines that work for walk-around?
Macofchester
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Macofchester
I strongly advise using the chop cup, the bigger the better- I have been doing the chop cup routine around tables for the past 25 years - can’t recommend it enough, especially if you follow it up with card in lemon ( from on of the lemons produced under the cup)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I bring very little.
Cards
Ninja Rings
Prof NM
coins thru silk
sponge balls
bunnies

that's really it. no gimmiicks, no extras, nothing to think about, nothing to manage.

the rings, pn, coins thru silk play up and out so are extremely flexible and well suited for big visibility and bigger groups.
they can also be done in very loud environments or even silently.

for most walk-around situations, I start with PN because it gets multiple people engaged, I switch to cards, then finish with the rings.
that's it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Madman13
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Cards, CSB, billets, loops.
Russ182
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Russ182
Mainly a face mask these days ...........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What do you bring with you for a walk around routine? (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL