The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Sweden! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wiseman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wiseman
Hi everyone,
My name is Dennis and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

I actually stumbled upon the Magic Café almost by accident, since I don't know may people from the "scene" (so to speak).

Although I have - for quite a long time! - been interested in magic, I have never been practising it seriously. But I'm planning to change that.
I have taken the first steps down the road in ordering "13 steps to Mentalism" from a dealer in Sweden. I don't really know where this road will lead - maybe nowhere since I want to learn it for my own sake to begin with. In the future we'll see where it takes me.

In my professional life I work as a Security Consultant, CISSP for a large European consultant company.

What can I say more? If you are curious about all the fascinating aspects of my life, don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers,

Dennis in Sweden
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Tjena Dennis, and welcome!
You`ll get a lot of assistance and motivation right here, By far the most complete magic forum around!

By the way, Stockholm`s nitelife rules!

Best
Eirik
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Welcome Dennis, Stockholm is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. I can't wait to return for FISM.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Dennis,

We are glad you found The Magic Café, even by accident! You'll find a lot friends in magic and interesting topics here. Learn to use the "search" and reading the 13 Steps will be even more fun as you go.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you will be glad you stumbled upon us.

Enjoy!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the Café and thanks for your introduction.

We're glad you found us and I know you're going to love this place. The Café has over 12,000 members from over 80 different countries and by the people whom already greeted you, you'll find yourself making friends from all over the world.

Please don't hesitate to post or ask questions as it's a friendly place. Grab a comfortable chair, some coffee and be prepared for lots of reading. Have fun!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Hi Dennis,
I'll be in Stockholm in the third week of June (Holland America cruise). Any "must see" sites?
Erion
View Profile
New user
Sweden
12 Posts

Profile of Erion
Hejsan Dennis!

Nice to see you here! I guess there are a lot of swedes around here now, I've met a few at least Smile
wiseman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wiseman
Larry: You mean apart from looking att all the nice-looking Swedish girls? *LoL*

You probably will landing in the city core, since Stockholm has a lot of water and the Cruiseships usually lands at the "Old Town".

Of course you can stroll trhough Downtown, look at the Royal Castle etc. but the question is how fun is that really...?!?

If cou have the opportunity go for instance to "Drottningholm" to see the residence where the king really lives, take a trip to "Skansen" - an open air zoo in the middle of Stockholm at "Djurgarden".

One of my favorites - and I may be spoling for myself now! - is to go to "Hagaparken". In this former royal park there is a lot of walkways and in the middle of the park - although many people miss this out - is a really nice Café. Don't go to the really *lousy* Café and restaurant at "Koppartälten", but continue towards the city (there is a large walkway that leads to "Norrtull") (you see that I drop names here, since you probably have to ask someone for directions...) and you will get to a small greenpainted house with a chairs and tables outside. That's the place. They are quite expensive if you want food, but what you really should order is one of their homemade buns. They are *really* good.

Try also to go to "Rosendals trädgĺrdar" at Djurgĺrden, quite near the open air zoo Skansen. They have a nice restaurant there too.

If you are a coffeine-addict like me, there are quite decent coffeshops around town. We don't have any Starbucks yet, but there are several quite good chains - for instance "Coffeecup", "Wayne's Coffee" and "Roberts Coffee". CoffeeCup are the best of these 3. There are of course lots of other Café's around.

While you're at it, maybe take a trip into the Stockholm archipelago? But you probably are sick to death of boats by then so maybe not... *LoL*

Ah, if you are at "Djurgĺrden", check out the amusement park called "Gröna Lund". For about 240 Swedish Crowns you get a bracelet that allows unlimited entrance to rides for the whole day. If you have kids this is great, but don't eat to much beforehand...You have been warned...

Cheers,

Dennis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Sweden! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL