The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ToxicTiger66
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of ToxicTiger66
Hi, I am Danny from the UK. I first started looking at magic when I was younger - I ended up taking a break whilst going through school and now nearing the end of my university course I am back! I was in the loft about 3 months ago and discovered all of my old magic tricks and this sparked my curiosity again. So I have fairly recently started back with magic again.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Hi Danny from the UK.
It is good to have young adults innovation to create magic. Rather than buy some trick, think/dream about what would be cool, then try and make it.
Welcome to the Magic Café forum.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome ToxicTiger66, (have you considered going non-toxic?)

And welcome back to Magic.

Don't worry, lots of Magicians' interests wax and wane through the years.
Make sure that you don't sell (or throw away) your books or your favorite props in the trough cycles and you will be ahead of the game.

Have fun!

-Mary Mowder
ToxicTiger66
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of ToxicTiger66
Hi Tom, hi Mary. Thank you both for your messages.

Sorry if it was unclear, I have never really invented my own tricks as such - normally just adapted other tricks and ideas to suit my own small routines.

ToxicTiger66 has been my go to username for a while now - nothing to do with my actual toxicity.

Magic for me has always really been about developing my confidence and allowing me to entertain and amaze my friends and family. If I increased my repertoire and became more comfortable with what I am able to perform, I would of course like to widen this to more people. Self doubt and confidence are the main things holding me back.

All of this is quite different from the Computer Science course I am currently studying...
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
I was predicting the future. Many of the new tricks will involve computer science. As you read the old tricks, you will re-invent them with a modern spin. A young, creative mind with the know how is unstoppable.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My first couple of performances were pretty bad and so were a few after that. I lived through it (so did my spectators) and I got better.

As uncomfortable as it is to jump in, there is no way past it if you want to perform for more people.

I have seen Magicians who were able to put their lives on the line in war quail at the thought of performing for strangers.

Spectators really want you to succeed and they almost never throw rocks.

You can do it!

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL