The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Looking for ideas for simple tricks that use an accomplice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Hi fellow magicians!

Not sure if this is the best thread for this post... but here it is. Smile

I'm looking for ideas or resources for simple tricks that involve an accomplice. Nothing complicated... just simple and fun stuff where a friend would be your accomplice for maybe a dinner event or a casual private party.

Open to anything, really.

Thanks!

-Doug
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Doug! Remember the "trick that fooled HOUDINI" ?

PM ME.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3066 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Here are a bunch of easy two person card tricks:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q......rd+trick

If you are willing to put in some practice you can find a chapter on two person codes in Thirteen Steps to Mentalism.

Dan Harlan's Speak Easy looks like a good code system that's easy to learn.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2566
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1806 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Simple one"

arrange 10 cards the same design that is on the 10 of (spades, clubs, hearts or spades).

Have someone pick one of the ten cards.

Then point to the pip on the ten (that shows the location of chosen card) that is included in the design of the ten of (spades, clubs, hearts or spades)

And only you and you're in the know helper will know how this works.

Hope I explained this clearly.

You may think it hokey but it works.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2374 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1058 Posts

Profile of imgic
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is an old Cup Scout joke. At a restaurant take one person aside and ask them to help play a joke on the others.
Have him agree to say "two objects" regardless of how many he sees in the cup (he is not the real accomplice)

Drop one object in the cup (creamer, jelly pack, olive). Hand to first guy who smugly said "two."
He then passed it to you real accomplice who secretly add another matching object. He said "two" - strange reaction from the first person.
Other can peek also as say, "two."

The real magic is the story the first guy tells everyone else. You are now ready to move to finer things.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3066 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Funsway I just can't picture the prank you describe being funny. Either you left a lot out or I'm just a little slow today.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
Not meant to be funny - just entertaining and thought provoking. Not a prank either.
For the one kid something magic happened. For the others the experience depends on what that kid reveals or doesn't. You accomplice says nothing at all.
The first guys sees one object and says, "Two." The other see two objects and say, "Two." The fist kid is forced into a dilemma.

Back in the 50's when there was a Boy Scout Book of Magic, every kid was encouraged to explore unusual things - magic, puzzles, optical illusions, etc.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19629 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Funsway I just can't picture the prank you describe being funny. Either you left a lot out or I'm just a little slow today.

I thought the same thing. I don't see it as thought provoking or entertaining at all. At best it seems to make a fool of the guy you said you wanted to help you. This is not how I personally treat patrons. I understand styles vary so I'd never say nobody should, only that I would not.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
I never said I liked it or would do it. The OP asked for "ideas or resources for simple tricks that involve an accomplice."
Just added this to the list of possibilities - perhaps to inspire some thinking on the use of accomplices at all.

ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
You’d be surprised how much you can dream up just by sitting down with the person you’re going to work with. It’s fun!
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
880 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
3 to 5 pennies on a table. Turn your back. tell spec to touch one. Turn around to "check the pennies for heat" using 1 finger. When your finger is over the chosen penny have your accoplice scratch his arm or lean back in his chair or anything nonchalant. finish checking all pennies then make your prediction. my mom and dad used to burn me on this growing up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Looking for ideas for simple tricks that use an accomplice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL