The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (99 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
The PK touch is one of mentalism's most powerful effects, where a spectator feels they're being touched while the performer is some distance away. This is a 100% self-contained diabolical method, at a moment's notice, up to 20 meters away. In normal Joao Miranda fashion, this is a high tech, reliable device that does wonders.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=64700

Toe Switch releasing on September 2nd too!
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65386

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Wow I love the look of this. Clever to make it in this way. I imagine you will have to be a little careful about clothing of the spectator. Probably best to perform it on a man.

Can you give multiple touches back to back? Such as two taps in quick succession?

Madison
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Very clever bit of kit, and the usual first class quality from Joao

MoM have it on the site now, shipping from the UK with FREE worldwide delivery here

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/spectro-touch

The release date worldwide is Monday, September 2nd

Hope this helps
Dominic Reyes
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Of course I don't have this trick yet and I probably won't be getting it.
I'm sure that the handling and gimmick are first class. The audience reaction is soso in this full performance video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dLuWrU3dA
The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm. I do like the shadow bit. In the trailer the specs only lift their arms even though the performer touches different body parts. Where's the logic? https://youtu.be/XvZ86rrTmKw
Wouldn't it be much more spectacular if the spec touches the corresponding body parts on his own body?
What am I missing here?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
For those that do PK often and probably know well - the power is in the de***.

Mixing methods can be even better.

Depending on one method is probably a mistake. This looks interesting but if I used it would be to mix the methods rather than repeating.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2019, 453rob wrote:
Of course I don't have this trick yet and I probably won't be getting it.
I'm sure that the handling and gimmick are first class. The audience reaction is soso in this full performance video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dLuWrU3dA
The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm. I do like the shadow bit. In the trailer the specs only lift their arms even though the performer touches different body parts. Where's the logic? https://youtu.be/XvZ86rrTmKw
Wouldn't it be much more spectacular if the spec touches the corresponding body parts on his own body?
What am I missing here?

He doesn’t exactly choose the spec at Random does he? I think that was the problem in that performance, everyone was suspicious that it was a stooge.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Very intriguing.

For me it will all come down to the reviews and insights on the handling.

Seems like it could be a bit tricky to load and unload the gimmick on/off the spec without the audience or spec suspecting anything fishy? Obviously audience management is going to be key here so that's my only real concern.
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
No way to know, but it looks like the final "shadow" phase of the performance from the six minute clip is using Christopher Taylor's method.

Travis
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2019, travisb wrote:
No way to know, but it looks like the final "shadow" phase of the performance from the six minute clip is using Christopher Taylor's method.

Travis

You managed 6 minutes? Wow. Impressed. Smile
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Man. I’m so ready for this!
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I wonder how the angles are on it.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ has to be front facing only right? judging by the pictures of the gimmick, looks like you basically have to clip a clothespin like device on the back of your spec.

if that's the case, the angles are not my biggest concern.. as you can easily justify having people stand in front of the volunteer as a convincer that nobody else is touching him/her.

My biggest concern is the pinning part!
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Is there any clean up to be done after the effect?

Thanks,

Séa
I love post its Smile
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
How do you manage a spectator turning around (not deliberately, but perhaps out of excitement) and thus flashing the device attached to the back of the spectator? Also, how easy to move the device, otherwise this looks like it is limited to only one area (eg. left arm) which limits the what the performer can achieve? Your feedback appreciated.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Looking forward to getting this one in. We are currently taking pre orders and Alakazam are also doing free worldwide shipping. I think this one is going to be a winner!

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/spectro-touch......de-.html

Peter
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Any noise issues?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is there a cleanup? I would say 100 percent there is.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
It seems that you will have to be prepared to hook it onoff the spectator, and if the spectator decides to move or spin to you in case of excitment or whatnot it could be a risk of exposure..
my guess is that if its powerfull enough, hooking it onto a chair will be a better solution for a stage show anyway. safer, easier and a lot cheaper then the more expensive chairs or pk items out there.

The audience in the full performance piece was probably just a bit bored, like most of us were as the routine is really(!!) slow and not progressing. BUT, I'm sure with a proper routine is will kill like any other pk routine as the performance is what matters in a routine like this when nothing is visual.

Waiting for more info/performance bits .. this could be great!
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Hi Guys,

I had a chance to test Spectro Touch in the past few days and needless to say I watched it immediately when we got it. Im a HUGE fan of the plot I use different versions (both impromptu and electronic) in the past. I used Spectro Touch 4 times.

Here is my 2 cents on Spectro Touch:

The packaging is top notch as you expect it inside the box you get the instruction card that have the password to the video and of course there is the Spectro Touch unit, the remote and the usb charger.

The instructional video is 26 minutes long and for me I didn't felt that I would need more Joao explain everything crystal clear and using the device is very very easy so its not something that you can or needed to explain an hour long.

There is an option to program the device which cause a delay on the touch BUT in vibrates 2 seconds before the touch occurs which means you know exactly when you need to do your touch.

I think this option is amazing and give a lot of freedom since you can be very open when you are in the crucial moment and your hands can be wide open which is awesome I like this a lot.

Joao set the timer to 7 seconds so it vibrates after 5 seconds, just 2 seconds before the touch occur also Im sure you can set it to a different time like 10 or 15 seconds but to be honest 5-7 or 10 seconds just perfectly fine I think there is no reason to set it higher than 10 but I guess its possible.

After Joao clearly shows all the nuances of the device (there isn’t much so it’s very easy really) he talk about the routine.

The routine is the one you can check in the full performance video and Joao explaining that exact routine step by step so there is no studio performance but it’s not even needed to be honest.

He even states that the guy who performs it Mario Pierre is performing it very very slowly and he use music in some phases etc. You definetly don't have to do that I think its simply based on your preference and style. You can even make 2-3 touches and verbally ask the spectator how many he/she felt. So you have options here that you can play with. I even do it in a way where I touched my leg and ask the spectator if he felt it of course he did indeed. Smile So there is room for creativity.

I really like the fact that Spectro Touch not require a chair in its setup and also not use a thread I used electronic devices and these ones needed a setup like that although I never had a problem but I have to admit Im sure it will feel much more free.

Some people asked us about angles and also there were questions here regarding the angles.

The angles on Spectro Touch are very good Im sure it’s not gonna be suprise that nobody can be behind the spectator who the device is used on. Also since the device is very small I think its really managable. In a venue where this type of routine is presented like on stage or in a casual settings of a stand up performance Im confident to use this and Im not afraid at all of some weird spectator behaviur like they jumping up or turning around.

I never had a spectator ruin my setup with a thread version before (when I used a different device in the past) the only once it happened was absolutely my fault.

Spectro Touch can be performed as it is a complete routine with multiple phases and I don't see the need to add other method(s) here but of course you can do it and it can make the entire performance stronger for sure.

Is it worth?

I have to say I think its cheap for this price. Basically it allow me to do a PK touch routine easier and more surefire than other devices without having the chair and the t****d.

Also its very easy to operate the device is small and it almost HALF PRICE.

So in my case yes it worth the money by far and I have the freedom to perform it kinda anywhere and have the luxury of the fact that it can be with me and I can do it whenever the situation allow me to do so.

Also personally I’m fully trust Joao and how he stand behinds his products. I know if any guarantee issue occurs there will be no problem he proved it over the years countless times.

The Toe Switch::

There is a Toe Switch which that can be purchased separately for 39.95 USD I just want to mention if, out of the sake of completeness.

Do you need it? Absolutely NO. Spectro Touch easily can be done without this add-on also the programable touch option makes it unnecessary BUT I used in the past one device with a toe switch and it was fine for me so if you have experience with a toe switch and the freedom it gives worth 39.95 USD its a nice option to have, and I think its cool that Joao and his team put the work and effort to think about this option too.

Its only one man’s opinion but for me Spectro Touch is a no brainer and I already thinking about how can I use 2 device I think it’s something that interesting to brainstorm about for fun.

So for me its a solid 9/10 the instructions crystal clear the gimmick quality is top notch and I have a better flexibility with the routining and execution than before with similar devices.

If you like what Spectro Touch offers just hit the button at your favourite store.

I hope I answered all your questions if you have any questions Im happy to answer just pm me. Smile

Spectro Touch on pre-order at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......o-pierre

Best,
Tom

PS: we got multiple emails asking the weight of the device its only 27 gramms so kinda nothing. Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
So what is the difference between this and Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (99 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL