The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Magic Dealer Alliance (BMDA) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
179 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Greetings Spookies.

I just wanted to let everyone know about a new initiative that has just been launched.

The Bizarre Magic Dealer Alliance is a voluntary initiative by dealers for the benefit of customers. It’s a trust mark used to recognise exemplary customer service and identify dealers who customers can interact with and buy from in confidence.

BMDA is based on an idea I had a few months ago. I discussed the idea with a few fellow dealers who also thought it was a good idea. Having spent 25 years in marketing, helping build trust in brands and with my professional services hat on, I thought it was time to try and do something about what some have described as the ‘Wild West’ of online retailing.

After seeing countless posts and after having had the same conversation time and time again, it appears that a great many have, at some point, had less than favourable experiences or worse, lost their money altogether. And it still appears to be happening. The aim is not to resurrect what’s (hopefully) been laid to rest, but to try and rebuild some trust in the community and perhaps convince newcomers that most dealers are hardworking professionals running highly reputable businesses.

I’d also like to stress that this is not a select club for the few to promote their businesses. My hope is that other reputable dealers will join us so together we can help raise standards and build trust. It’s also worth mentioning that it works both ways, dealers do talk to one another and also know those who may be best avoided.

I’m sure there will be a few detractors and that’s fine, but I sincerely hope the majority will support us. From what I can see we have nothing to lose but everything to gain. And if this helps save just one more person from being duped it will have been worth it.

You can find out more about BMDA below together with a list of current members and, if you're a dealer, how to join.

www.bizarremagicdealeralliance.com

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. Deathwatch, The Dark Glass, The Uninvited
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Bravo Nick, Bravo!

Rather than joining the ranks of complainers like me, you actually went out and made a movement toward solving a prevalent issue within our community. Thank you. I hope it works out as it will help both buyers AND sellers.

Nice website design as well. Clean, elegant, but still mysterious. I also love the seal. It would make a cool t-shirt!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
871 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
An excellent initiative that I’m proud to be part of. It should help towards healing the scars left behind by the Outlaws and Unleashed Dreamers if the bizarre world.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
179 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2019, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Bravo Nick, Bravo!

Rather than joining the ranks of complainers like me, you actually went out and made a movement toward solving a prevalent issue within our community. Thank you. I hope it works out as it will help both buyers AND sellers.

Nice website design as well. Clean, elegant, but still mysterious. I also love the seal. It would make a cool t-shirt!


Cheers Greg! Thanks for the support. T-shirt - I like that idea!
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. Deathwatch, The Dark Glass, The Uninvited
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
The Better Bizarre Bureau. Great initiative. Wonderful!

This is surely what we have long required: Outlawing outlaws and taking the poo out of Spooky. Sky's the limit!

Good on you, Nick.

Cheers,
BC
Phasmologist
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1656 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
What an excellent service, Nick! Many thanks for taking the initiative.

David
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3240 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Great idea. Wish it had been done years ago. But not sure it would have changed the end result.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
460 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Black Artefacts reputation for great customer service is VERY important to me and I do everything I can to generate happy customer. I treat customers the way I would want to be treated.

Black Artefacts has a money back guarantee, which I believe is unique among magic dealers (of any genre) - a 90 day, unconditional guarantee that you can return any of our effects, for any reason, within 90 days, and you will receive a refund of the purchase price. If you purchase an effect and don't like it, feel that it was not what you wanted, or for any reason, then you can send it back. We won't bleat that you have 'learned the secret', or moan that you have used the item - you will get your money back. We wan't only happy and satisfied customers.

Perhaps you could add the above to the terms for the BMDA members?

Good luck with your project.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3240 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, Black Hart wrote:
Black Artefacts reputation for great customer service is VERY important to me and I do everything I can to generate happy customer. I treat customers the way I would want to be treated.

Black Artefacts has a money back guarantee, which I believe is unique among magic dealers (of any genre) - a 90 day, unconditional guarantee that you can return any of our effects, for any reason, within 90 days, and you will receive a refund of the purchase price. If you purchase an effect and don't like it, feel that it was not what you wanted, or for any reason, then you can send it back. We won't bleat that you have 'learned the secret', or moan that you have used the item - you will get your money back. We wan't only happy and satisfied customers.

Perhaps you could add the above to the terms for the BMDA members?

Good luck with your project.

Keith Hart


That is unusual guarantee. I give a money back guarantee on my burials. "The Bring em' back alive guarantee".If I bury your loved one alive all you have to do is bring them back for a refund. But once the coffin seal is broken, the warranty is void.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
179 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, Black Hart wrote:
Black Artefacts reputation for great customer service is VERY important to me and I do everything I can to generate happy customer. I treat customers the way I would want to be treated.

Black Artefacts has a money back guarantee, which I believe is unique among magic dealers (of any genre) - a 90 day, unconditional guarantee that you can return any of our effects, for any reason, within 90 days, and you will receive a refund of the purchase price. If you purchase an effect and don't like it, feel that it was not what you wanted, or for any reason, then you can send it back. We won't bleat that you have 'learned the secret', or moan that you have used the item - you will get your money back. We wan't only happy and satisfied customers.

Perhaps you could add the above to the terms for the BMDA members?

Good luck with your project.

Keith Hart


Hi Kieth, thanks for the comment. Your terms of business are commendable and an example of what's been lacking in this area. BMDA is not about T&Cs though, that's down to the individual dealer and the legal requirements in their country. BMDA is about setting a standard to ensure dealers have T&Cs in the first instance - there are a lot that don't! Some don't even have basic address or contact details which is a legal requirement in Europe.

Thanks for the kind words and it would be great if you joined us in flying the flag.

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. Deathwatch, The Dark Glass, The Uninvited
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Nick - great to see someone prepared to own such an initiative - especially with experience in the community too.
Whilst only currently selling books, I intend to branch out into unique items at some time too - and would be very interested in demonstrating my support through my products website
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
175 Posts

Profile of Station10
Blind Eye Magi is proud to join this initiative. Thank you Nick for taking this on.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Magic Dealer Alliance (BMDA) (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL