We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bertini on Fool Us (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stevie c
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of stevie c
An amazing performance. Just fantastic to watch and enjoy. Thank you.
Masilon
View Profile
New user
Milan-Italy
53 Posts

Profile of Masilon
I saw live Bertini different years ago during a lecture, introduced by Vanni Bossi. His florentine coin assembly was incredible and his edge grip and fan productions were pure magic.
Luca
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
David & Giacomo have both upped my coin work.
The last 10 years I would have to say I leaned more on Mr. Bertini’s
wonderful techniques.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Giacomo
View Profile
New user
Florence (Italy)
92 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2020, bassinator wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2019, Mb217 wrote:
Good observations here. Smile

I also think that it's hard to actually fool them with coin magic, as they know the basic mechanics of things within the background of expert SOH. The performances may be artful, but also may not fool them. Of course it will fool everyone else, as it did telling by audience response to Bertini's every move in what was a beautiful performance. After David Roth's appearance & win, beyond their more so deep respect for his contributions to the art, they were not "fooled" by him, as they even mentioned that they had read all his books, of which most coin guys and many closeup magicians have. So, that was the heads-up for most coin workers that it's going to be hard row to tow, to win doing that sort of magic, though some have won with it at times.

But more importantly than whether you win or not, is the fact that the show showcases a variety of magicians to the world in a highly rated way. These guys & gals go on to a heightened marketing as to their professional careers. I mean, it's fun to win the little trophy and all (and I've had friends that have won and not won) but just by being on the show you truly get so much more, as to an exposure of your fine magic that is really priceless, and I would think really pays off for you as to bookings and increased recognition. I remain proud of every effort on that show, especially from our neck of the woods here. Smile

It certainly fooled me. And I'll echo that this show has been great for me to actually see a wide variety of magicians. I started learning magic last year, and it has been great to see so many different magicians and to then go and find more of what they do. I loved Mr. Bertini's routine and his book is on my list to eventually buy and learn from (he does a great job on the youtube instruction videos too). I hope they can continue with Fool Us for a long time so I can find more new magicians to be inspired by.

Thanks guys, I agree with what you write, and thank you for the appreciation of my magic!
If you want to start learning more about my ideas, and my stuff, you can go to my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/giacomobertinimagic

here you will find some things that are taught in my book, and I will always add more material!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bertini on Fool Us (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL