The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Good Performance (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ravenspur
View Profile
Regular user
Granby, MA
122 Posts

Profile of Ravenspur
I'm not bragging here. I know how good I'm not. But my performance today, which I did during downtime today with my juniors and seniors, resulted in part from suggestions and advice made here on the Magic Café.
I killed in a couple of classes and did so-so in one.

1) iForce. On the advice of Steven Keyl, I first used iForce app without doing it for a trick. As a teacher, I typically do all sorts of goofy things like randomly putting on a red clown nose when no one is looking . To be goofy, while kids were filling out paperwork, I kept doodling things on my phone, showing them their names, a self-portrait. Writing the word "blue" in the color red. All normal silliness. Steven had suggested that I use the app and kind of normalize it, instead of just using it for tricks. This worked. When I started using iForce to make predictions of the the numbers they would choose, they were blown away.

2) After a while, I switched and predicted whether they would put the coin in head or tails. Wrayvn suggested the coin casket for walk-around magic. This showed them that I really could read minds, or at least faces and posture.

3) The third trick was "Lie to Me." It's a simple card force, criss cross cut, and then did a "reading" of the participant's tells.

It was good fun. A lot of the kids were convinced I had some sort of reading ability. Tomorrow, I'll follow up with Tequila Hustler.

I still have a long way to go, but wanted to celebrate the day, and thank people for their help.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1852 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sounds like you had as much fun as they did. That too is part of the ‘magic’ ... to have fun doing what you do and that carries over to those you are sharing it with.
Congrats on your success!
Laughing
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Laughing
Congratulations Ravenspur. It sounds like you are fairly imaginative using some out-of-context presentations. I suspect standing in front of a class all day, trying to keep their attention develops some of the softer performance skills.

Keep it up, all I remember about school was dreading September and a sore backside!
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Keep it short...the attention span these days is about eight seconds...vernon used to say,"magic is not confusion." make things easy for them to understand.don't talk them to death.every word counts...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Good Performance (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL