The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Envision by Dave Loosley. Alakazam Magic (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
It's a pity that Alakazam's production of Envision can't keep up with the demand...I've been waiting patiently to buy for several months even though I am on the waiting list!
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Back in stock while stocks last Jared.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/envision-by-dave-loosley.html

Regards

Dave
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Ordered...Got one coming, thanks David! Smile Smile
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Thanks for the heads up Dave! I just ordered. Only 33% stock left. It doesn't say anything about shipping but I got free shipping to the US.
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Thank you for your orders and continued support.

CardGuyMike if you order just Alakazam items they are free shipping worldwide Smile.Thanks again and I look forward to hearing your reviews.

Regards

Dave.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes, love this, ordered
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Just got this. Big problem, the pen isn’t strong enough
to do what it’s supposed to do. Waiting to hear back
from Alakazam. Disappointed.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, Woodfield wrote:
Just got this. Big problem, the pen isn’t strong enough
to do what it’s supposed to do. Waiting to hear back
from Alakazam. Disappointed.

Mine was the same. I dropped a couple of small magnets down the barrel and it sorted it.
trickster41uk
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Mine is the same,poor quality gimmick, made my own pen with stronger Mag, works a treat
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, trickster41uk wrote:
Mine is the same,poor quality gimmick, made my own pen with stronger Mag, works a treat

Considering it's advertised as using custom made gimmicks you shouldn't have to make the mag stronger... not for the price your paying.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I just picked a set up. While I haven't put the work in yet to learn/practice it, the pen is perfect for Re-capped type effects (as a lead in?) and my gimmick is perfectly strong enough - perhaps the mag was dislodged in others pens?
Also, the un-expanded ] fits very well with almost perfect coverage on the 2 'normal' coins. It might be good if additional matching coins were available.
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Hi Everyone

Firstly thank you for your continued support and for purchasing Envision.

I apologise that a few of you are having an issue with the pen, we tried many different pens to find what we believe is the perfect strength however if a couple of you are having issues with it then that is not good and certainly not what we want.

The pens can be made stronger in a split second by removing the nib and ink cartridge and dropping a magnet down inside which will magnetise to the already installed magnet. If you are having problems with the strength and do not own a small magnet to drop down into the pen then please contact us at sales@alakazam.co.uk and we will be happy to help sort this out for you.

Thank you again for your support

Kind regards

Dave
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
I just got this today. What a beautiful set of coins! I have only used expanded s***ls, and this gimmick in comparison is completely undetectable no matter how close you look. The coins are also very thin, further throwing off suspicion. My pen is plenty strong enough to do what it needs to do. I can't wait to work on this effect and take it out.
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Out of Stock again.... hopefully they can re-stock them fairly soon.😔
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Hi Wardmagic

Just a heads up that a new batch of these have just arrived in store. Smile

Kind regards

Dave
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I am very happy with Envision now that I've had a chance to learn it. Firstly, Dave's touches on the coin vanish (phase 1) is beautifully taught. I had the move down in mere minutes and it's a coin vanish that I plan on using for other routines. Honestly, it's one of the most deceptive you'll ever see!

The coins themselves are perfectly machined. Dave was smart to avoid using an expanded shell; you can show and handle the half dollar coin very convincingly without any gaps showing. Moreover, the English penny has sort of 'grip' to to the sides compared to others I've handled in the past. I didn't expect this, so it was a nice bonus.

The last phase of the routine, which I call the "instant transposition" will make you grin from ear-to-ear because spectator's don't stand a chance...Not to mention that you finish the routine with everything being able to be examined.

Lastly, I debated about whether the magnet was strong enough. So, I reached out to Dave for his input. However, after re-watching the video I made a mistake. I had been holding the pen tip too low (next to my pinkie finger). It should be held further with the tip of it being closer to your middle finger. This way, it allows for some extra cover if you don't tap it spot on. Your fingers will naturally hide any cover action. Please try this before contacting Dave because I really believe this might be the core problem. I simply glossed over this detail during the explanation.

All told, Envision is my favorite new coin effect and I plan on featuring it during my upcoming Holiday Strolling shows...VERY well done Dave Loosely!
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
I agree with Jared. As far as the magnet goes, make sure you are facing the coin the right way -- the shell must be on top. Also, you have to tap the coin solidly right in the middle. If it's off to the side it may not work right.

I also love the coin vanish. Although it can be done very deceptively as Dave does it, I sometimes do the steal while pushing up my shirt sleeve and it is completely motivated and invisible.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have ordered this a couple of days ago based on the quality of the coins .
Was it cost in production or difficulty in production that a sharpie gimmick wasn’t made with this ? Gaz 🙂
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Hi Gary,

Firstly thank you for your purchase of envision,yours is on its way to you as we speak.The Sharpies simply did not work well enough to make the change happen as I believe the rounded shape of the end of a sharpie allows too much distance between the two gimmicks.

It worked OK with the fine tip sharpie's as the have a flat end however not as well as the Biro pens.If you have any further success with Sharpie's I would be interested to hear from you.

Enjoy Envision

Kind Regards

Dave
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks for your response Dave and I look forward to receiving it .
The vanish and routining by yourself looks great too so many congratulations on releasing it .
I will have a play about with a sharpie as I know I have added magnets particularly to the inners of the cap before with success .
Anyway they were for different applications and the thinner biro looks easier all round for the flow of your routine here .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Envision by Dave Loosley. Alakazam Magic (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL