The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Name this trick -- selected card becomes only red card in black packet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi folks,

I know I've seen this somewhere, maybe taught by Cameron Francis or Aldo Colombini -- or maybe not: helpful, no? There's one packet of red cards and one of black; the spectator chooses a card from, say, the red packet, and a transposition takes place, in which the chosen red card ends up in the black packet (and I think a black card ends up in the red packet). Or something like that.

Does anyone know the name of the trick I'm talking about?

Thanks for your help,

Bob
tylerb
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tylerb
That sounds sort of like John Bannon's effect Twisted Sister. The chosen card ends up face up in a face down pile and has the opposite back color of the pile.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Tyler. I don't think that's the one, but I'll look at it anyway, because it might help with what I'm trying to do.

I'm playing with Ken de Courcy's Ultimate Faulty Follower, in which the spectator and the magician each have a packet of four cards, and the spectator imitates everything the magician does. Despite the imitation, the magician's cards end up all face down, while the spectator has one face-up card. This happens three times. My plan is to have the card that keeps turning face-up be a joker -- jokers being mischievous. In other words, the spectator didn't do anything wrong; the joker just has a mind of its own. It occurred to me that it would be really cool to have to joker play some other pranks, too.

What I thought of may well be too hard for me: have the joker (in spectator's packet) change places with some card in magician packet. Something like what happens in Jennings' "The visitor." But perhaps people have other ideas for tricks that the joker could pull, tricks that would be easier than the sudden appearance of the joker in the "wrong" packet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Name this trick -- selected card becomes only red card in black packet (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL