The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Subtlety for having Hopping Halves examined. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3243 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
So, while I came up with this on my own, I will not at all be surprised if someone else has done this before.

It's a way to have the coins examined before 'Hopping Halves'.

So, the copper gimmick setup starts in the right pocket and the silver ] is in right hand finger palm. In your left hand is an ungimmicked copper and silver (or the shaved silver if it's not an expanded set).

You shake, jingle and display the coins in your open left hand, then hand out the silver coin for examination. You take it back and give out the copper, and as they are looking at the copper, you quietly nest the silver in the ] with your right hand and place it back on your open left palm.

Then, you explain the 'game'. You say, "If I take this copper coin out of my hand and put it in my pocket, what's left?" They say 'Silver' and you say "Good, just making sure you're paying attention". This is the perfect opportunity to switch the copper in your pocket. Proceed as normal from there!
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Payner44
While your handling would work fine, I’m not so sure this trick needs initial examining since the audience doesn’t know what is about to happen and you end empty handed.
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3243 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
True, but it's barely any extra effort, and it adds another layer that eliminates an explanation. I think it only increases the mystery in this case!
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Fresno, CA
306 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Save yourself the hassle and check out Mark Jenest’s Short Hop on his Miracles While You Wait DVD. It’s a more streamlined version of Hopping Halves.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3243 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thanks for the tip.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4742 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have a handling that starts out ungaffed !!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3243 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Is that published somewhere? I'd be interested in checking it out.

Lately I've been using a Quiver. Instead of putting the coins in my pocket, I put them back in the Quiver and at the end dump out the two ungimmicked coins.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4742 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea It is in my Sound Routine Booklet ! ( That's the booklet on the Rattle gimmick !You can do it with out the R.G. You just don't get the sound sell) ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
dj
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
So, while I came up with this on my own, I will not at all be surprised if someone else has done this before.

It's a way to have the coins examined before 'Hopping Halves'.

So, the copper gimmick setup starts in the right pocket and the silver ] is in right hand finger palm. In your left hand is an ungimmicked copper and silver (or the shaved silver if it's not an expanded set).

You shake, jingle and display the coins in your open left hand, then hand out the silver coin for examination. You take it back and give out the copper, and as they are looking at the copper, you quietly nest the silver in the ] with your right hand and place it back on your open left palm.

Then, you explain the 'game'. You say, "If I take this copper coin out of my hand and put it in my pocket, what's left?" They say 'Silver' and you say "Good, just making sure you're paying attention". This is the perfect opportunity to switch the copper in your pocket. Proceed as normal from there!

See this video:
https://youtu.be/kOHq6eGH4Rg

Darko
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3243 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yes! I saw this after I thought of the above, but very similar. I'm a Tyler Rabbit fan for sure.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Subtlety for having Hopping Halves examined. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL