The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review} PURE (CAAN) by Adrian Fowell (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Disclaimer
I got a review copy, but that doesn't mean I will be biased in my review, I'm giving here my honest opinion.

Pure is a unique CAAN type effect, it is different from some other methods, you don't touch the cards and the spectator deals the cards by him/herself face up. These days very rare to find magic release with new concepts and ideas, most releases these days are rehashing of the existing methods but this is different. Adrian is very creative thinker and he added his brilliant thinking to few of other concepts to make something really unique and worker.
You get a download with pdf book and link to watch the instructions in Vimeo website. plus some extra files.

Cons

• It is for English speakers but you can adapt it to your language with little thinking.
  • The ad blurb claimed it is self-working, I'm little disagree with this claim, technically it is not self-working, but it is very easy to do (one small move in the off-beat and a little memorization).
  • The deck can not be used in other effects to some extents.
  • The deck cannot be shuffled by the spectator.
  • It is restricted to numbers from 5 to 45, I don't consider this a big negative because you can cover this limitation with your patter and careful instructions.

Pros

• The concept of the prediction is very clever and versatile, it can be adapted to other routines as well.
  • You get eBook and online video instructions for few bucks + some templates, for this price I think it is a real steal.
  • The spectators handle the deck by their selves and they deal the cards face-up.
  • The deck is gimmick-less, the spectator can handle it freely and see all the cards are different.
  • One prediction in full view all the time and they stop at their chosen number.
  • Very easy to do, just need little memorization.
  • The trailer is exactly how it plays in real life.

Conclusion
If you are fan of CAAN type effects or mentalism in general, I highly recommend this to you. Believe me it is very different than other similar effects and the genius method can be adapted to other routines as well. This gets my high recommendation, I like Adrian's thinking and I'm looking forward to see his future releases.
More info about PURE:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Are you sure that the spectator can see “all the cards are different”? I don’t think that’s correct, based on the video which was posted.
drawfull
View Profile
Loyal user
qmagi.com
282 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
Are you sure that the spectator can see “all the cards are different”? I don’t think that’s correct, based on the video which was posted.

Apart from this kinda thing being a reason creators don’t put out unedited videos, three handlings are included, two of which do not use dupes. I prefer the main handling.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2019, AndrewI wrote:

The deck cannot stand for close inspection of course, but in casual performance the cards will look innocent. If you are familiar with X-Act By Mike Kirby , the deck there will pass the spectator casual inspection even in X-Act it is more heavy gimmicked than this effect.
I hope it is clear to you now.
dalo
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of dalo
Thanks for the clarification.

D
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
You are welcome!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Profile of Tom G
As for the English only, I believe an update was put out enabling more languages? I had a review copy and haven't seen any updates, but thought I read about the language thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review} PURE (CAAN) by Adrian Fowell (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL