The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Door by Riccardo Berdini (77 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
152 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2019, EZrhythm wrote:
Ordering TWO SETS for four-way possibilities, monte routines, etc.! Smile

I'm waiting for the additional envelopes to be offered and or a package deal. Why spend $80 when you don't need to?
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
At the risk of bringing back the trolls and critics of magician verification, I am returning long enough to thank Riccardo Berdini for "Black Door" (I just received mine in the hurricane delayed mail) and am glad to reassure everyone that it is nothing like my Switcheroo. However, a caveat - don't perform with all black envelopes. It does no harm to decorate the outsides of the envelopes as long as they remain black internally, and if you perform with an envelope with red stripes and I perform with a yellow envelope with green polka-dots it adds further distance to the idea that we might be employing the same techniques to accomplish several different end results. OK, now I leave you to your ... whatever it is you do here.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1078 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
At the risk of bringing back the trolls and critics of magician verification

Don't worry. Every mentalist loves polka dots.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I will personally put unicorn stickers and glitter all over mine Smile

//Dan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'll cover mine in Harry Monk...
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of dyoung
You do you, Iain... it will certainly be unique Smile

Maybe we should create a big database of everyones different envelope decorations, so that we don't step on each others toes. Because I don't want some guy see me perform with a black envelope with unicorns and glitter, and then later see someone else with the same decorations, and thus suspecting these are some special envelopes. If only there was a way of avoiding this? Maybe just make them look like regular envelopes, so no one will pay attention to them?

//Dsn
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I’m keeping it traditional. Mine are covered in edible sprinkles with a bit of paint chips.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

We could perhaps humbly ask Jim to use his database, the one where we are filed under “Not Verified & Ignorant”. (Although Iain might be filed under “Sticky” by now.)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I just hope someone starts posting where to buy other, lesser quality envelopes that aren't really anything to do with the initial post; and then have a massive hissy fit when asked to stop...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Oh stop dreaming your crazy, impossible dreams! That will never happen on a forum full of gnorant people, where the unverified are weeded out.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

(gnorant being the opposite of ignorant, but I’m sure you linguistic-wonder-words people got that)
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Rather than switching, would it be possible to show the envelope empty, maybe let the spectator feel inside to verify and then have something appear?

That was the only thing I used quiver for and it would be nicer to use an envelope for my purpose.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3349 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah, it would work, though it should be noted that with Quiver, both sides look identical. With Black Door, one side wouldn't be as good to have scrutinized.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
At the risk of bringing back the trolls and critics of magician verification, I am returning long enough to thank Riccardo Berdini for "Black Door" (I just received mine in the hurricane delayed mail) and am glad to reassure everyone that it is nothing like my Switcheroo. .

Everybody has been focusing on the joy of patterned envelopes that this hasn't been given fair attention.

I don't think there was any danger anywhere that anyone thought this would be anything like your product.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
David, have you been verified by the magical-envelope fraternity recently? If not, please remove your post or at least post a link to some aub-par not really related envelope work please...
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed or enveloped!

Unless the envelope is like, really, really, pretty.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think a multi coloured spangly envelope is far less suspicious than a black one...
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I think at the very least getting the glitter glue stick out to add some showbiz sparkle to the black envelopes is necessary.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of David Numen
For some time many mentalism releases claimed to "push the envelope" in some way. Now is the era for taking that pushed envelope and colouring the bejaysus out of it.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1043 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
And this is preferable instead of Quiver, how?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Door by Riccardo Berdini (77 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL