The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Door by Riccardo Berdini (77 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18119 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, EZrhythm wrote:
And this is preferable instead of Quiver, how?

I guess it's context. It is for me. Some things don't naturally get put inside an envelope but do a coin purse and vice versa...

You could technically put a mini playing card in a coin purse, but should you? That kinda thing...
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1123 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Are there cheaper ways to achieve the same effect with decorated envelopes? I've been religiously following the thread but it's still not clear to me
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, paperinick wrote:
Are there cheaper ways to achieve the same effect with decorated envelopes? I've been religiously following the thread but it's still not clear to me

You could buy my effect "Sucker!" for a couple of cents less.
Basically and without giving the method away at all, you take a regular envelope, and after putting the card inside, you point to the window and shout "Ooooh - look at that!!" whilst removing card one and inserting card two.
Job done and everything can be inspected.
For this method I do NOT recommend decorating the envelope as this can attract the audience and remove them from the necessary misdirection.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
795 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Andrew1, I’d like to pre-order, but I can’t find a verification form.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
206 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, EZrhythm wrote:
And this is preferable instead of Quiver, how?

I think if you want the spec to open the envelope, this is preferable to Quiver.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
795 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Smile nicely understated explanation
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This appears locked at the off and only unlocked for the switch if needed . That move appears to be when the magician needs to open the envelope imo .
If the prediction goes the way you wish the spectator just opens normally . I am speculating as I don’t think this locks both ways Gaz 🙂 ps I will
find out very soon now
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Correct speculation as usual Gaz.
I now have both Black Door and Blake Vogt's Number 4 Envelope.
Both have pros and cons but I prefer Black Door overall but of course it only has half the number of outs so that is a big disadvantage.
MarianoG
View Profile
Loyal user
SPAIN
235 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
No "hi-jacking" involved here, as the ignorant call it. The Magic Nook only sells to verified magicians, and I can see that none are present, so I'll be on my way.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hijack

I can attest that! This nook refused to sell me a product
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, videoman wrote:
Both have pros and cons but I prefer Black Door overall but of course it only has half the number of outs so that is a big disadvantage.

Which makes it more of a switch device than an outs tool perhaps
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, videoman wrote:

Which makes it more of a switch device than an outs tool perhaps

Yes Brett, that's a good way to put it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks guys for your input , I have preordered from Penguin and I agree it’s a switch but looks a good one Gaz 🙂
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
There is a nice way to do more than 2 outs taught in the download. It's attributed to Colin Cloud. I've used it with 4 myself.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Oh cool, I need to finish watching the video.
I already had a particular use in mind for mine so I got right into that.

FYI, for those with decent A&C experience you can certainly make additional envelopes as long as you have, or know where to get, the secret ingredient. I unfortunately do not know of a source, but I haven't tried looking either. With care the envelope should hold up pretty well.

However, I did shorten the length of one envelope about 3/4" because I wanted it to fit in my wallet. This means it will no longer hold playing cards or business cards but I only needed it to hold a folded billet.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
The secret ingredient is easily acquired on Amazon. You can also use something else that's commonly available by using scissors and glue.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
I figured as much since there aren't many items which are not available on Amazon. Smile

But I had completely forgotten about a stash of the required material that I had in storage and hadn't used or seen for a while. I dug it out and there is plenty to make envelopes for days.
Coincidentally, in the same box as the secret ingredient was a ton of black construction paper I had also forgotten about. Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe I had made of some of these envelopes or something very similar a long time ago??????

Well, I probably won't need to make any for quite a while but if and when I do then I am all set.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Being in the mystery arts for a while you tend to have stashes of a wide range of esoteric goods!
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
My set is wearing out from the one hand practicing. Has anyone used clear tape on the outer edges of the envelopes by chance?

Decomposing Card Stock
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am still awaiting mine from penguin , but I am certainly going to use some no tear clear matt tape on one of mine to experiment .
I have also ordered some Tyvek A4 paper to try to make one up if I can in that . Plus also some normal paper spares providing I like it when it arrives .
It looks great on the tutorial Gaz 🙂
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good idea Gaz.....yeah no tear. I have used tape on other paper props in the past and never been questioned...as long as it does not hinder the operation of course.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Door by Riccardo Berdini (77 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL