The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Effect—dealer issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Let me know if this has happened. The nub fell off a "Super Sharpie" I recently purchased. The dealer guy says, sure, return it—but you have to send back everything in the box it came in. Well, I had tossed the booklet about the effect because the CD has all the instructions. But the dealer guy says, sorry, no booklet—no return. Is that fair? I mean, has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks
fib
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Fib, you should email Chris Smith at MagicSmith. The same thing happened to mine and he replaced it immediately, no questions asked.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
It seems like they haven't made much off this device. If they had, I'm sure there wouldn't be a question. Anyone who sells this stuff, should have surplus and reserve some for said issues.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Fib,

If the product is faulty then the dealer that sold it to you should take it back and then they can send it back to the manufacturer.

I would consider not doing business with them if they are refusing. There is no excuse for poor customer service, not even saying they are a small business.
123majik123
View Profile
Regular user
nowhere
180 Posts

Profile of 123majik123
Technically, yes that's legal, fair no. You have 14 days to return the product.

However, if it is a question of poor quality goods then you are legally entitiled to a full refund if you want it under the Consumer Act of 1982 (or a name to that effect). Well if you're in the UK that is.

Beware many shops will tell you that you will have to go direct to the manufacturer. But, legally they have to sort the problem out. Don't take any **** about phoning manufacturers. If they sell it they deal with it.
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
That’s seems appalling if they won’t replace a faulty item. The instructions weren’t faulty and don't need replacing, you only need a replacement pen. I hope you keep us informed as to the outcome. BTW have you tried superglue?

Nick
123majik123
View Profile
Regular user
nowhere
180 Posts

Profile of 123majik123
He (not the manufacturer) must refund you or exchange it by law. British law that is.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
US or UK Fib?
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Hey folks, thanks for your support.

To re-cap: my Super Sharpie nub falls off. I call Hocus Pocus. Jason, the guy on the phone, tells me I can't get a new one or store credit unless I return the instruction booklet, along with CD and Sharpie. He says the whole thing has to go back to the manufacturer, so he can't help me.

Per your suggestions, I'll e-mail Chris Smith, but is he reachable at Penguin these days? Anybody know his e-mail? By the way, I tried Superglue, and I can tell the alignment is a little off, affecting application of ink to paper.

Thanks,
fib

Oh, sapolice, my experience was with a US dealer.
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Contact Chris Smith at: http://www.magicsmith.com
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Tell him its simple. He opens a new one,takes out the sharpie, puts your defective sharpi in, send the box with those instructions and cd back to the manufactuer...problem solved for both of you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Effect—dealer issue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL