The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » U.F. Grant's $5 to $1 Transpo (NEW BILLS???) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
This is a trick (U.F. Grant's "SLOW MOTION BILL TRANSPOSITION") that I have carried in my pocket for decades. Well, let me be more specific...

The same trick, but the bills have changed to go with the times of the designs of the bills of the USA.

It's funny but being born in 1970 and my life until maybe 2000, the bill designs remained the same design. Since 2000, OMG, the design of bills change like grays of my hairs... Colored bills, Big portraits of the presidents' faces, Huge numbers in the corners, etc. etc. etc.

I've adapted with new bill designs so far with my U.F. Grant's $5 to $1 Transpo effect... I have even done a $10 to $5, which I don't mind. The problem is that I need to always change the bills, otherwise spectators are intrigued with my "older" bills that they seem to look at it closer and that puts heat on the bills.

My question, is for TODAY's bills being colored and the number indexes in the corners being big and other bills being small, what is the best combo to do now? The $5 has a pinkish color. A $10 has an orangery color. A $1 has a white-greenish color. I would like to stay with any combo with these 3 denominations of bills ($1, $5, $10).

I have seen many versions of how to cut the corners and where to place them on the other bills. But these are all using older bills. I have researched in the TARBELL Book, The SWITCH Book, Mike Bornstein's books and a great version that I have been using with the $10 to $5 Transpo in Mike Powers POWER PLAYS book (A trick called "DOUBLE YOUR MONEY").

I want to stay away from cutting a whole 1/8 "square" of the bill. I am NOT too fond of "Atomic Bills", Solari's "Metamorphosis Bills", etc. It's too much to hide with my fingers. I rather just cut out the number and part of the border of the bill, but again, with the new bills, the borders look totally different with each other. It makes it more difficult to camouflage the borders.

Any good RECENT sources out there in books or DVD's? Any magician out there come up with a good combo with the new bills we have today?

Need help.

Thanks.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Are you using Grant's Interlocked Gimmick, or the older method of a stuck on corner? With the Interlocked Gimmick, the colors and designs of the bills don't matter and you can end up with either one at the end.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I'm using the glued cornered numbers.

I'm not familiar with the "interlocking" method. Where can I find that?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Https://trickshop.com/slow-motion-bill-switch.html Apparently Grant published a second edition of his original Slow Motion Bill trick. This version from Trickshop contains both versions. I am working on an update of the update with my own high tech variation, but I don't dare mention it or the trolls will gather around to mock me.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Hi Jim,

I looked into that site and just bought that manuscript. I am DEFINITELY NOT interested in the Interlocking method. I want the spectator to hold onto the bill.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Also Jim, I sent you a PM about your own site of a purchase I made from it.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I'm playing with a variation in which a $1 changes places with a $5 which changes places or transforms to a $10 and then a $20 but it's not yet ready for prime-time.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I do like Daniel Garcia's GREED effect, but it is a totally different routine than U'F. Grant's.

I like to have the spectator handle at least 1 bill.

I am working with a $1 and $5 and utilizing the front lower-right "5" and adding it to the $1. The $5 seems to be the same color as the $1 at that corner.

Looking for other ideas from other people?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Did you look at "Things Change" in the Switch book. p232.

I haven't tried this with the newest bill - the pinkish.. colors may be a problem.

I would be interested why you don't like the "Interlocking" method (I've not looked at it)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Yes, I tried "Things Change". The colored bills are too conspicuous.

The interlocking method is gluing 2 bills together so the magician is the only one handling this gimmick. It goes into the magician's pocket instead of the spectators hand. I don't like this handling.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
OKAY, good to know. I'll have to stick with vintage bills.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, Salby wrote:

The interlocking method is gluing 2 bills together so the magician is the only one handling this gimmick. It goes into the magician's pocket instead of the spectators hand.

That's not quite accurate. The interlocking method does NOT glue two bills together, both are free to be opened up and used at the end. However, I believe I have come up with a new and better method which I describe in "Paper Money Magic" in The Wizards' Journal #40-10: As long as the bills are the same SIZE, color and denominations do not matter.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Jim, you are correct and I was wrong after reading through the "Interlocking" method again. There is NOTHING glued.

I bought your effect with your new method of the newer bills, Jim. I like it, but it still wouldn't work for me personally. I feel many magicians should look into it because Jim's method is not restricted by color or denomination of the bills... Even (my guess) for future bills that would be made.

I posted something that seems to work for me. I posted it in the "Secret Sessions" forum to prevent laymen looking into "our secrets" as I have photos there also.

Take a look:

=========
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......rum=37#0
=========
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » U.F. Grant's $5 to $1 Transpo (NEW BILLS???) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL