The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Read my lips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article......ays.html

Britain faces Big Brother surveillance society WORSE than George Orwell's 1984: Lip-reading cameras that will force people to talk 'with hands over mouths' are latest attack on privacy, government watchdog warns.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Door......3981.php

The doorbell-camera company Ring has quietly forged video-sharing partnerships with more than 400 police forces across the United States, granting them potential access to homeowners' camera footage and a powerful role in what the company calls the nation's "new neighborhood watch."
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2475 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Gee Tommy,

A the proud owner of a Ring doorbell, I kind of like the idea. I can see where some would call it an invasion of privacy, and I can see where it could in some cases be used against someone, but I kind of like the idea.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4714 Posts

Profile of landmark
As I enter the password to my banking site on my cellphone...Smile...

Gosh, times have changed. I remember when police "neighborhood watch" was spelled Stasi.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I predict a drastic increase of dust masks sold within the U.K.

Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Gee Tommy,

A the proud owner of a Ring doorbell, I kind of like the idea. I can see where some would call it an invasion of privacy, and I can see where it could in some cases be used against someone, but I kind of like the idea.

I can see the proud owners of Ring doorbells ringing up high social credit scores.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/......ley.html

Is 'social credit' coming to the US?

Tommy
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1797 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Anyone who watches live soccer games on TV (where you have the luxury of close-ups) will notice the players often covering their mouths while conversing with each other.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Read my lips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL