The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REVOLVE by Nicholas Lawrence (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Has anybody heard anything about this?

https://abstracteffects.com/collections/....../revolve

It seems like a reboot of "Evolve," which had mixed reviews. The effect looks great, though, and I'd love to get my hands on it, if it addresses some of the shortcomings of the original.

Performance video is at 1:50 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wajl0GBVzXs

Evan
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
OMG, 17:21 in that youtube vid, that Matrix effect was INSANE!!!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Looks awesome, but it is a trailer. It doesn't show getting in or out of the effect. Would like to see a full performance. Ad says it's fully examinable. Don't see how that's possible. Also, it's $40, so I'll wait for reviews.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I bought it 5 years ago and I make my own easily as the original tutorial obviously showed you how .
I wouldn’t call it something you would use regularly but the right time , the right place , it kills .
It’s a brilliant visual piece and I would like to know whether this is identical to the original or has Revolved evolved .
Apart from just getting the gimmick ready made
Gaz 🙂
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Agree on the comment about getting in and out of this? Would love to see a full performance. The conversion to clear folded plastic, from a bill, could be a fun story line for an effect. Hope to see/hear more about this.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Jason performs and reviews this on the Propdog Live

https://www.facebook.com/PropDog/?__tn__......s-saACCb

He certainly likes it!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The basic original handling was that you place a blue folded card prediction on the table at the start ( the gimmick ) .
You force a card from a red deck , then the blue folded card visually changes to red and when unfolded matches the force card , ie is to them their card .
I used to show the force card had vanished from the deck using my favourite method before the colour change / reveal .
This obviously made it apparent it was their actual chosen card Gaz 🙂
Shinigamikenshin
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Shinigamikenshin
The money change effect looks similar to the c2m effect from cashhan Wallace’s “camera tricks.” I know that this is quite possible from a different method. I’m just curious if the method is similar? Simple yes or no.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Or start red and end blue obviously dependent on your gimmick 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s very much like changeling if you make the money gimmick .
With this you take everything away and end clean , with changeling you don’t but you easily can if you wish .
Changeling appears a clean finish you just can’t have it out .
Either way it’s pretty automatic and self working
Gaz 🙂
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
So I ended up buying this, even without a review. I just couldn't resist. I'm happy to say that it's really cool. A very clever and practical gimmick, and yes, everything can be inspected both before and afterwards, if you want.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
So your gimmick when laid in full view on the table set and ready to go is fully examinable ? Gaz 🙂
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
So your gimmick when laid in full view on the table set and ready to go is fully examinable ? Gaz 🙂

No not quite, but it's pretty easy to ring the gimmick in and out, before, after, or even during the routine.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I’m at the MagiFest and have been watching Nicholas demo is for three days. First, he’s really talented and a pleasure to deal with. I bought one after watching everything he was able to do with it. Looks super clean. Totally silent unlike Evolve. Looks and feels much more durable. Built to last.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That’s good to know Eric , hard to know whether it’s better than my elvolve as of course with that you construct it yourself and I always make my stronger from the get go . Nicholas may well have just done that , I will buy it and see .
thecromulent I thought so and I agree after the clean up there is only a regular card left .
At the start it appears perfectly normal but there is not a chance it can be examined ( not that it ever needs to be ) and I just wanted to clear that up with potential purchasers unless of course Nicholas has completely changed the gimmick from the original Gaz 🙂
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
But if you wanted, you could start with a completely normal card--even have the spectator select and fold it--and then just add the gimmick.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Titanas already started a thread on this earlier. Mods, would it perhaps be a good idea to merge these?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Earlier?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Oh, were you earlier? I noticed the other one before this one. So being the simple human I am I assumed that was the earlier thread. But feel free to correct my statement. I won’t cry. I hope.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nicholas is great at ringing the gimmick in and out. He did start with an examined card at one point and loaded the gimmick flawlessly but he’s also done it 1,000 times. I haven’t had time to play with it yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REVOLVE by Nicholas Lawrence (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL