We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..113~114~115~116~117..130~131~132 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
I would have never gotten his first name!

1. I was born 1934 in London.

2. I'm one of those few people who obtained my Ph.D. at Cambridge (not an honorary one!) without having had even a Bachelor's degree first.

3. My work was so revolutionary at the time that one famous person said of it," "We must now redefine man..."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
4. When I started in my work, my colleagues thought I had screwed up. I was using names instead of numbers.

5. There was an Institute named after me that helped me do my work. It got offended by a cartoon that mentioned me. I thought the cartoon was funny, and so I wrote a forward to one of that cartoonist's books.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
6. Most girls in my era got a doll or teddy bear from their parents when they were young. Mine gave me a stuffed monkey and that made all the difference.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1561 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Dian Fossey?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Dian, but good guess.

7. I was the first of the Trimates, which included Dian.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
8. Tanzania was my beat.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
581 Posts

Profile of karnak
Jane Goodall?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
You karnak, She Jane.

The scientists around her were scandalized because she gave the chimps she was observing names. Then because she actually took the time to watch, she discovered that chimps were tool makers and users--which meant that man could no longer be defined as the mammal that uses tools. There was a Gary Larsen cartoon where a chimp discovers a blonde hair on her mate's fur, and the caption was "So you've been with that hussy Jane Goodall again!" The Jane Goodall Institute took offense, but Jane thought it funny and wrote a forward for the next Larsen collection. The Trimates were Goodall, Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas, all proteges of anthropologist Louis Leaky.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
581 Posts

Profile of karnak
Yes, I saw her in a live speaking engagement decades ago, and on many TV specials over the years on her field research in Gombe.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
581 Posts

Profile of karnak
I was born in London in 1889.
My childhood in London was one of hardship and poverty.
I moved to America, and rose to fame as a comic actor and filmmaker during the era of silent movies.
Ioannes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ioannes
Charlie Chaplin?
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
581 Posts

Profile of karnak
Chaplin it is! Your turn!
Ioannes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ioannes
Wow! Chaplin seemed like a good guess, being one of the most famous actors of the era.

Here goes:
1. I was born in Kensington in 1874
2. I was baptized into the Church of England as a baby although my family was Unitarian
3. I attended the Slade School of Art to become an illustrator
Ioannes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ioannes
4. I did not become an artist, but rather a writer.
5. I am best known for my visual and paradoxical style of writing and have often been referred to as the "prince of paradox."
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Gilbert of Gilbert and Sullivan
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Ioannes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ioannes
Nope, not Gilbert.

6. My wife led me back to Anglicanism, but I ultimately converted to Catholicism in 1922.
7. I had the habit of being absent-minded and often had to telegraph my wife to figure out where I was supposed to be.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
HG Wells?
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Albert Einstein?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2020, Ioannes wrote:

7. I had the habit of being absent-minded...

Fred MacMurray? Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Ioannes
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ioannes
Unfortunately, none of them.

7. My most famous fictional character is a priest who solves mysteries
8. I was friends with George Bernard Shaw even though we often debated over philosophy and religion
9. I was very large, and P.G. Wodehouse described a large crash as "a sound like [me] falling onto a sheet of tin"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..113~114~115~116~117..130~131~132 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL