The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..29..55..81..107..130~131~132~133~134..160..185..210..235..258~259~260 [Next]
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
11. In the mid 60's I was cast in a starring role on a TV show. The show ran five years, and was at one point the number one show on TV at the time.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
12. During the filming of the show I had a couple of severe outbursts, probably alcohol inspired, that included screaming and swearing like a wild man, at a group of visitors to our set. One co star suggested therapy.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
13. Through shrewd negotiations, I became the highest paid sitcom actor on TV at the time.
14. That show was successful enough to later birth two reunion movies and a cartoon spinoff. I was not involved in any of that.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
15. Some people might say that the 70's was a dry spell for me, but I was doing lots of guest appearances and made for TV movies.
16. No one could have predicted that before the decade was done, I was going to change the face of TV for ever.
Magic is like Science,
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Bob Crane?
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Dick Van Dyke?
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Not Bob nor Dick. (Have I set a record here? Sixteen clues before the first guess?)

17. In 1978 I was cast as the adult older brother in a family drama. It was supposed to be an ensemble cast with no clear star. That did not happen that way.
Magic is like Science,
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
Larry Hagman alias JR?
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Thank you Francois, Larry Hagman it is. Son of Peter Pan herself Mary Martin. Your turn now!

18. In this show I played a nasty, greedy, character who was always cheating people out of money and power. Somehow the audience loved me.
19. Soon I was once again the highest paid actor on TV.
20. There was a novelty song written about the worlds most famous TV cliffhanger ending from one season of this show.
20. The show ran for years, and Hollywood realized that people liked villains, so there were soon more shows about nasty people.
21. When the show ended my years of drinking caught up to me and I had a liver transplant; it was successful.
22. Once I visited the Hollywood Magic Castle for an event, and took the time to insult Cliff for having trouble using a borrowed cell phone camera.
23. My famous show was later rebooted, and I passed away during the filming of the show.
24. Many of my former co-stars were there with me at the end, all praised my professionalism and commitment to the craft.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Ha! I'd like to know more about clue #22, Cliff!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Sure Arthur,

A few years ago, an elderly Katheryn Crosby (Bing's widow)performed a singing show at the Magic Castle. While this is not the normal type of entertainment for the Castle, tickets were sold and money was made. Katheryn was singing show tunes and standards, and she performed them well. I enjoyed the show. Her daughter came to see the show. Mary Crosby played Kristen on "Dallas" and she was the one who actually shot JR. Mary brought a few other Dallas Alum, Larry Hagman, Steve Kanally, and I think a couple more that I am not remembering. I never thought of Larry Hagman as being all that tall, but he was 6'1", and wearing cowboy boots which probably gave him another inch and a half, and a cowboy hat which makes him appear taller still.

After the show the friend I came with asked Larry Hagman if he could take a photo with him. usually photography is not allowed at the Castle, but this was a special event and everyone was taking pictures. Hagman was open to it, and my friend handed me his cell phone to take the picture. I asked him which button to push. Larry replied, "Don't be an idiot, you ought to be able to figure that out." I took the high road and chose to believe it was a good natured ribbing, but I'll never really know.
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks, Cliff. Funny story! Kudos to you for not taking offense.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

1. I was born in Rouen (France) in 1821
2. I went to Paris in 1840 to study law
3. While in Paris, I met influential artists but because of a health condition I gave up law
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

4. Politically, I was an enraged liberal and hater of all politicians
5. Maxime Du Camp, my life long friend, and I travelled all over the world
6. In Beirut, I contracted syphilis
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Gaugain (sp?)
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Not Gauguin.

7. I wrote my first novel in 1842: I read it aloud to my friends who advised me to throw the manuscript in the fire!
8. After coming back from Egypt in 1850, I started to work on my most famous novel that took 5 years to be completed.
9. After its publication, the French government brought an action against the publisher and I on the charge of immorality.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Victor Hugo?
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

10. Victor Hugo, that I met in Paris, admired my work.

11. And although he might be the most internationally known French author, I believe the novel I’m referring to in 8. is sometimes said, by some critics, to be the best novel ever written (in French anyway).

12. Also, most literary critics consider it the most influential.
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

I hope I have not misjudged the notoriety of the French novel and its author in the United States. Here's the last clue:

13. I'm the author of Madame Bovary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..29..55..81..107..130~131~132~133~134..160..185..210..235..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL