The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..29..55..81..107..132~133~134~135~136..140~141~142 [Next]
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1685 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I figured you would get it Cliff, I was wondering where you were!

4. I've been called the greatest entertainer ever to grace a stage in these United States

5. After military service I returned to the touring act and became an overnight sensation following a nightclub performance at Ciro's in west Hollywood after the 1951 academy awards

6. In 1954 at age 29 I lost my left eye in a car accident
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1685 Posts

7. I was a convert to Judaism

8. I had a complex relationship with the black community and drew criticism after publicly supporting President Richard Nixon in 1972

9. My biggest hit song hit the Billboard hot 100 in 1972 and I became a star in Las Vegas, earning the nickname "Mister Show Business".
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Sammy Davis Jr.?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1685 Posts

Bingo! You got it Arthur.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1685 Posts

Here were my next clues:

10. One day on a golf course with Jack Benny, I was asked what my handicap was. "Handicap?" I asked. "Talk about handicap. I'm a one-eyed Negro who's Jewish." This was to become my signature comment, recounted in my autobiography and in many articles.

11. In 1960, I appeared in the Rat Pack film Ocean's 11. I was also a member of said Rat Pack.

12. My most popular song, mentioned earlier, was an unexpected No. 1 hit with "The Candy Man" with MGM Records in 1972. I did not particularly care for the song and was chagrined that I had become known for it, but I made the most of this opportunity and revitalized my career.

13. Nancy Sinatra and myself once greeted each other with a kiss, one of the first black-white kisses in US television.

14. For many years I appeared on Jerry Lewis's MDA Telethon where I would invariably sing Candy Man.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks, Theodore! The loss of an eye (which at first didn’t register) plus his Jewish conversion did it for me. By the way, I apologize for prematurely claiming I never heard of Copernicus … of course I have … just didn’t know anything about his life.

1. I was born on an English estate in 1961.

2. I had three siblings; however my parents’ 4th child died shortly after his birth one year before I was born.

3. This caused a strain on my parents’ marriage, and they divorced when I was 7 years old, which affected me deeply.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
4. Growing up, I was talented in music, dance, and sports.

5. I moved to London at age 17, where I took on various low-paying jobs.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Billy Idol
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
6. My marriage to a famous person at age 20 made me a household name.

7. However, the marriage suffered due to incompatibility and extramarital affairs.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
8. The details of my marital difficulties became increasingly publicized, and we eventually divorced.

9. I was subject to unprecedented public scrutiny, exacerbated by my tumultuous private life.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Lady Diana Spencer/Princess Di
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
You got it, Cliff!

10. Nevertheless, my activism made me an international icon.

11. I was celebrated in the media for my unconventional approach to charity work.

12. I also raised awareness and advocated ways to help people affected with cancer and mental illness.

13. I was initially noted for my shyness, but my charisma and friendliness endeared me to the public.

14. Considered to be very photogenic, I was a leader of fashion in the 1980s and 1990s.

15. My patronages initially centered on children and youth, but I later became known for my involvement with AIDS patients.

16. Media attention and public mourning were extensive after my death in a car crash in a Paris tunnel and subsequent televised funeral.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
It always bothers me when a woman, no matter how famous and no matter how giving and philanthropic, is taller than I am. Princess Di was 5'10'.

1) I was born in New York in 1921
2) Both my parents were Jewish
3) I had three names. The one I was born with, the one I legally changed to, and the one I used professionally.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
4. My dad left us when I was young, and in my younger years I had the kind of jobs you might expect (Selling newspapers, delivering groceries etc.)
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
5. At age 15, if you can believe this, I started writing stand-up material for local comedians.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
At age 19 I legally changed my name from a Jewish ethnic sounding name to a decidedly American one.
Magic is like Science,
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Jack Carter?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Thank you so much for guessing that Mark... It is NOT correct, but I get to say.... wait for it... "You don't know Jack."

7. I was married twice and divorced twice. Strangely, to the same woman both times.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
8. Now entering adulthood, I tried to do stand up comedy myself. It did not go well.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
9. I took a job, literally selling aluminum siding to support my new family while I kept trying stand up comedy.
Magic is like Science,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..29..55..81..107..132~133~134~135~136..140~141~142 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL