The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..32..61..90..119..146~147~148~149~150..154..157..160..163..165~166~167 [Next]
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks, Mark! Not able to walk properly yet, but slowly getting better & better. Back to the quiz:

I was an indifferent, sullen student who showed no interest in after-school activities.

During World War One I enlisted in the United States Navy. I recalled later, "At eighteen, war was great stuff. Paris! Sexy French girls! Hot ***!"
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
After the armistice, I spent most of my time ferrying troops back from Europe.

Through a friend whose father had show-business connections, I obtained an office job with a film company. I made my stage debut a few months later, nervously delivering one line of dialogue. Later I appeared in several plays.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Mickey Rooney?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Although I had been raised to believe that acting was a lowly profession, I liked the late hours actors kept and the attention they received. I spent much of my free time in speakeasies, drinking heavily.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Humphrey Bogart.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
You got it, Cliff! I had quite a few clues left:

Preferring to learn by doing, I never took acting lessons. I was persistent and worked steadily at my craft, eventually appearing in at least 17 Broadway productions.

Theatrical production dropped off sharply after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, and many of the more-photogenic actors headed for Hollywood. I debuted on film with Helen Hayes, and also appeared in a movie with Joan Blondell.

I became friends with Spencer Tracy, whom I liked and admired, and we became close friends and drinking companions.

I finally became a star in a film which co-starred Bette Davis and Leslie Howard.

I was a founding member and the original leader of the Hollywood Rat Pack. In the spring of 1955, after a long party in Las Vegas attended by Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, David Niven, Angie Dickinson and others, my wife surveyed the wreckage and said: "You look like a !@#$%^! rat pack.”

My portrayals of private detectives became the models for detectives in other noir films.

My most significant romantic lead role was in a now-classic movie with Ingrid Bergman.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
1. I was born in 1946 in Los Angeles, California
2. My father ran an ice skating show and later was in the real estate business.
3. I had a reputation as a womanizer and have been married 4 times.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
4. I must have seen the error of my ways, my first two marriages lasted only two years each. My third lasted only four. My fourth marriage has lasted 30 years, and we are still married today.
Magic is like Science,
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Paul Newman?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
No not Paul.

5. At age 3 (Believe it or not) I learned to ice skate due to my father's profession. I never pursued that as a career, but I do think it was one reason for my agility.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
6. At age 19, with no formal training, I was given the role that would come to define my career.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
7. The role was very physical, and I found myself in the emergency room several times.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
8. I met my second wife when she appeared on my TV series as an assistant to a crook.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
9. After three years, the show was canceled.
10. I found I was largely typecast. I was in a few other TV shows, but mostly I played the one character. The most recent time was just last year.
Magic is like Science,
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
633 Posts

Profile of karnak
Burt Ward?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16232 Posts

Profile of tommy
At first, I only glanced at the clues and I would have bet it was Liza Minnelli.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
And Karnak once again picks up the win with Burt Ward!

11. I am technically a "Jr." but I don't use it professionally. The last name I use professionally is my mother's maiden name.
12. I am not a strong singer, but I did record a couple of songs for Frank Zappa.
13. My 4th wife and I run a non profit for rescue dogs, and we seem very successful.
14. My 4th wife and I formulated our own highly nutritious dog food.
15. One of my strongest trade marks was the constant making of family friendly expletive's. (Holly spring in a trap Batman! etc.)
Magic is like Science,
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
633 Posts

Profile of karnak
I was born in England in 1917, and died in 2008 (aged 90) in Sri Lanka.

I was both a popularizer of science and an avid proponent of real space travel, as well as a hugely popular science fiction author.

I am credited with the well-known quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Isaac Asimov?
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
633 Posts

Profile of karnak
Not Asimov, but close.

As early as 1945 I proposed a space-based communication system using satellites in geostationary orbits.

I was knighted in 1998. (So you can call me "Sir -----.")

I hosted 1980s-1990s TV programs exploring unexplained phenomena with titles such as "-----'s Mysterious World," and "-----'s Mysterious Universe."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..32..61..90..119..146~147~148~149~150..154..157..160..163..165~166~167 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL