The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..42..81..120..159..198~199~200~201~202..214..225..236..247..258~259~260 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Wolfgang Puck
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hi Bill ... you're back! No, it's not Wolfgang.

After graduating from high school in 1965, I enrolled at university to study Chinese. However, in early 1968, I dropped out of college and worked at a series of minimum-wage jobs.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
In mid-1970, I re-enrolled at university, this time as a psychology major. Well regarded by my professors, I became an honor student and a year later took a job at a suicide hotline crisis center.

There, I met and worked alongside a former police officer, who saw nothing disturbing in my personality at the time; describing me as "kind, solicitous, and empathetic."
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
My earliest documented violent crimes were committed in 1974 when I was 27 years old. By then, I had mastered the necessary skills - in the era before DNA profiling - to leave minimal incriminating forensic evidence at crime scenes.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Ted Bundy?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
And the winner is .... Landmark! Below are a lot of additional (quite disturbing) details I did not know about his life:

As my crime spree continued through several states, police and detectives grew increasingly concerned because they never found any significant physical evidence.

During this period, I was working as Assistant Director of the Crime Prevention Advisory Commission (where I wrote a pamphlet for women on rape prevention).

Eventually, police resorted to the then-innovative strategy of compiling a computer database. After inputting all the lists of suspects they had compiled, they queried the computer for coincidences. Out of thousands of names, 26 turned up on four lists; one was me.

I was arrested in 1975 after a highway patrol officer had observed me cruising a residential area in the pre-dawn hours, and fleeing at high speed after seeing the patrol car.

However, while awaiting trial, I engineered two dramatic escapes and continued committing crimes until my final arrest in 1978.

In 1980, I was sentenced to death by electrocution. As the sentence was announced, I stood and shouted, "Tell the jury they were wrong!"

During the long appeals process that followed, I initiated a series of interviews with an author and a journalist. Speaking mostly in third person to avoid "the stigma of confession," I began for the first time to divulge details of my crimes and thought processes.

I died in the electric chair in 1989. Hundreds of revelers sang, danced and set off fireworks in a pasture across from the prison as the execution was carried out, then cheered as the hearse containing my corpse departed the prison.

I was regarded as handsome and charismatic, traits that I exploited to win the trust of victims and society. I would typically approach my victims in public places, feigning injury or disability, or impersonating an authority figure, before knocking them unconscious and taking them to secondary locations to rape and strangle them.

I sometimes revisited my victims, grooming and performing sexual acts with the decomposing corpses until putrefaction and destruction by wild animals made any further interactions impossible.

I decapitated at least 12 victims, and kept some of the severed heads as mementos in my apartment. On a few occasions, I broke into dwellings at night and bludgeoned my victims as they slept.

A biographer described me as "a sadistic sociopath who took pleasure from another human's pain and the control he had over his victims, to the point of death, and even after.” I once described myself as "the most cold-hearted son of a !@#$% you'll ever meet.” And one of my defense attorneys agreed. "Ted," she wrote, "was the very definition of heartless evil.”
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
1. My childhood nickname was "toothpick"

2. During WWII, as a civilian, I was struck by shrapnel.

3. In 1982, I made headlines after serving an 18-day prison sentence on tax evasion charges.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Willie Nelson?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I seem to remember Zsa Zsa Gabor doing a very short jail term way back when.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Willie or Zsa Zsa.

4. I promised to do a strip tease at the age of 72 if my favored soccer team won.

5. I played my own mother in a series about my life.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Charo?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Good guess, Ferall! I couldn't think of anyone.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Must be from a soccer (football) crazed nation,. That would be most of Europe and South America. And it’s someone one definitely would not have wanted to see do a striptease, or someone one would have definitely wanted to see do a striptease.

So, it’s either Benny Hill, or Bridget Bardot.

If it’s not Charo.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Bridget or Benny or Charo.

"And it’s someone one definitely would not have wanted to see do a striptease, or someone one would have definitely wanted to see do a striptease."

That's a fair conclusion!

6. My favorite game is Scrabble, but Richard Burton caught me cheating at it.

7. I am the only one on the list of AFI's greatest female stars of Classic Hollywood Cinema to be still alive.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Elizabeth Taylor?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Liz.

8. I was the first female celebrity to have my own line of perfume.

9. I won a Best Actress Academy Award, but I didn't speak a word of English in the film--the first time that ever happened.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Helen Mirren?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Helen.

10. If you were a childhood friend, you might know me better by the surname that I was born with: Scicolone.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Sophia Loren?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sophia it is!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..42..81..120..159..198~199~200~201~202..214..225..236..247..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL