The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..44..85..126..167..207~208~209~210~211..221..230..239..248..257..258~259~260 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2021, Feral Chorus wrote:
Anthony Newley

Yes, indeedy!

Had y'all not gotten it yet, I'd have mentioned that he was, for a time, married to Joan Collins, and that he starred in a X-rated movie with Milton Berle, George Jessel, and Ms. Collins, and that he wrote the Oompa-Loompa Song.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I had to look up that movie. Its wikipedia entry makes for some very entertaining reading. A musical no less, the title is Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?

I came up with Newley by trying to remember british entertainers I saw on Merv Griffin's show in the 70's. At the time, I would have no idea what they were famous for. Newley was memorable because he always wore some pretty groovy threads.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2021, Feral Chorus wrote:
Newley was memorable because he always wore some pretty groovy threads.

He was quite dapper.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I love the 1960s version of Dr. Doolittle. Although some of the cast later confessed that it was a pain in the butte working with Rex Harrison. Nevertheless, he half-sang, half-spoke (as was his style) a very beautiful song in the film, entitled “When I Look In Your Eyes.”

Anyway, if one of your next clues had mentioned Dr. Doolittle, I would have instantly guessed Anthony Newley. Too late now!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I don't have anyone lined up at the moment. If someone wants to step in, please do, otherwise I can probably have something together around mid-day tomorrow.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
While I’m still bed-bound and recuperating, I have no other interactions with anyone except you guys & gals on the Café. So I rely on this thread to keep me mentally active and amused.

Therefore, with apologies to all, I’m going to jump in again:

I was born on 28 September, 1934.

My father was an engineer and the proprietor of several industrial factories, while my mother was the daughter of an insurance company director.

I grew up in a conservative Catholic family. As a child, I suffered from amblyopia, which resulted in decreased vision of my left eye.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
480 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Are we allowed to google amblyopia?

I’m guessing we won’t come up with a Lou Gehrig’s disease situation.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Haha, Feral! I didn’t know what it meant either.

Just for the record, amblyopia (also called Lazy Eye) is reduced vision in one eye caused by abnormal visual development early in life. The weaker — or lazy — eye often wanders inward or outward. Amblyopia generally develops from birth up to age 7 years. It is the leading cause of decreased vision among children.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Due to my parents’ unreasonably strict behavioral standards, I grew to resent them and soon developed a rebellious lifestyle.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
During World War Two, I became engrossed in dancing to records, which my mother saw as a potential for a career.

In 1949, I was accepted at a prestigious music and dance college.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
664 Posts

Profile of karnak
Marty Feldman?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Igor.

In 1950, at age 15, I fell in love with someone who worked in the movies. My parents fiercely opposed our relationship, but I reacted by putting my head into an oven with open fire. My parents stopped me and ultimately accepted the relationship, on condition that I wait until age 18 to get married.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Gregory Hines
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Gregory.

I had several small movie roles in the early 1950’s, including one in a film starring Kirk Douglas.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
In 1956, I appeared in four movies that made me a star. First up was a musical, followed by two comedies, and finally a melodrama in which I played an immoral teenager in a respectable small-town setting.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
From the mid-1960s until the early 1970s, I appeared in films with -- among others -- Anthony Perkins, Jack Palance, Marcello Mastroianni, Jimmy Stewart, and Sean Connery.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I really don't know, but I'm gonna toss Ann Margret out there.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Lily Tomlin...

Carol Burnett...

Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Charles Bronson
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Ann Margret, Lilly, Carol, or Charles.

I retired from the entertainment industry in 1973.

I had acted in 47 films, performed in several musicals and recorded more than 60 songs.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..44..85..126..167..207~208~209~210~211..221..230..239..248..257..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL