The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..51..99..147..195..242~243~244~245~246..258~259~260 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
13. For the first seven episodes of the series I was the only star, but production demands led to them creating a brother of mine to star in some episodes (allowing two episodes to be filmed simultaneously). Later, a cousin was added, then another brother (the former going on to star in a famous movie series, the latter being considered a look-alike for yours truly). The series continued for two years after I left, with new episodes alternating with reruns.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
14. I picked up a leading rôle in a movie (which rôle Charlton Heston had declined), then two more leads, one opposite Edmund O'Brien and the other opposite Natalie Wood.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
15. When I left the studio that produced my series and the last three movies I made, it was not, shall I say, amicable. (Perhaps my lawsuit against them had something to do with that.) As a result, I was greylisted for a while, but then they hired me to star in another movie alongside Audrey Hepburn and Shirley MacLaine.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I'm still stumped.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
422 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Burgess Meredith? I'l admit I am guessing out my back side and have no real clue.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Not Burgess. Interesting guess, though.

16. Next I starred in a couple of comedies, the first opposite Kim Novak and Tony Randall, and the second opposite Doris Day. My next movie, also opposite Doris Day, was a remake of a 1940 film; I played the part originally played by Cary Grant.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
17. Next came the war dramas: three of 'em opposite such luminaries as Steve McQueen, Julie Andrews, and Eva Marie Saint.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
663 Posts

Profile of karnak
James Garner?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Bingo!

James Scott Bumgarner it is!

Too bad . . . I didn't get to Marlowe (with Bruce Lee), Support Your Local Sheriff! (with Jack Elam, Harry Morgan, Bruce Dern, Henry Jones, Joan Hackett, and Walter Brennan), Nichols (with Stuart Margolin and Margot Kidder), Support Your Local Gunfighter! (with Jack Elam, Harry Morgan, Suzanne Pleshette, John Dehner, Joan Blondell, Kathleen Freeman, Ellen Corby, and Chuck Connors), The Rockford Files, Space Cowboys, and on, and on, and on.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
663 Posts

Profile of karnak
What tipped me off was the veiled reference to Move Over Darling, the Doris Day remake of My Favorite Wife.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Nice one, Karnak! I was completely baffled.

If I might interject a bit of personal trivia: Due to growing up in another country without TV, I was not familiar with many American TV shows. Years later, however, while studying film scoring at Berklee College of Music in Boston, I was sometimes assigned to compose & orchestrate original music for excerpts of existing TV shows. One of those was Maverick, which was the first time I heard of James Garner.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
663 Posts

Profile of karnak
Maverick and The Rockford Files would obviously be his best-known roles. But I also enjoyed him in Marlowe (along with Bruce Lee’s brief but memorable bit part therein).

I was born in St Louis MO in 1911.

I appeared on stage, television, and radio, and in more than 100 films. I have two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one for movies and one for TV.

I died in 1993 at the age of 82.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
663 Posts

Profile of karnak
I became associated with the macabre, starring over several decades in a number of popular horror films for which I am best known.

However, my range was broader than that — I had a significant role in DeMille’s The Ten Commandments, and even played a memorable villain in several episodes of 1960 TVs Batman.

Beyond my thespian pursuits, I was also an art lover and collector, as well as a gourmet cook (I even authored several cookbooks with my second wife).
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
This has to be Vincent Price. (I’m pretty sure because I recently researched him as a potential mystery personality).
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
663 Posts

Profile of karnak
Vincent Price it is!

(Next clue would probably have mentioned his monologue in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”)

You’re up, Arthur!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4162 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Eggcellent, eggcellent!

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
663 Posts

Profile of karnak
Egg-scruciatingly so.…
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Egg-acrly!

I was born in 1924 in Cleveland and raised in West Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.

Both my parents were Italian immigrants. My father, a laborer at a steel company, was also an amateur musician.

At age eight, I began learning the piccolo, and later studied piano and orchestral arrangement.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I attended the Juilliard School of Music in New York City following a successful audition, in which I performed a Beethoven sonata and improvisation on "Night and Day" by Cole Porter.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
After turning 18, I enlisted in the United States Army Air Forces in 1943. While in basic training in Atlantic City, New Jersey, I met musicians being recruited by Glenn Miller.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..51..99..147..195..242~243~244~245~246..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL