The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..20..37..54..71..84~85~86~87~88..123..157..191..225..258~259~260 [Next]
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Neither Irwin nor Kurt.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
I had an early love of magic, and also movies.

I later achieved success as a hugely popular and prolific author of fantasy and sci-fi short stories, novels, and film/TV work.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Sounds like Ray Bradbury
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Or Robert Heinlein?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Animated Puppets got it -- Ray Bradbury, it is!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

I remember watching the Martian Chronicles on TV as a kid, and Fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite short stories.

Hopefully this one will last a bit longer this time around.

1) George Orwell saw me as "a jingo imperialist," who was "morally insensitive and aesthetically disgusting.

2) I was on the cover of Time Magazine.

3) I was born on 30 December 1865.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Cecil Rhodes
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

4) My only son John was killed in action at the Battle of Loos in September 1915, at age 18. John had initially wanted to join the Royal Navy, but having had his application turned down after a failed medical examination due to poor eyesight, he opted to apply for military service as an army officer. Again, his eyesight was an issue during the medical examination. In fact, he tried twice to enlist, but was rejected. I pulled some strings, and John was accepted into the Irish Guards. After his death I wrote the following in a poem: "If any question why we died / Tell them, because our fathers lied."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Rudyard Kipling
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Yep, I figure you would get it.

5. I was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature
6. I was born in India.
7. In 2010, the International Astronomical Union approved that a crater on the planet Mercury should be named after me.

During my freshmen year of high school we were required to memorize and recite 'Gunga Din' before the class. We also had to explain all of the idioms within the poem. This alone determined our grade for the quarter. Almost 40 years later I can still recite it.

OK Jack, you're up.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
1. I was born in Ohio.
2. I served in the Navy in the Pacific during WWII -- trained to be a pilot, but dropped when it was discovered I was colorblind
3. After the war, I went to NYC and landed a role on Broadway in a play with Kim Stanley.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Marlon Brando?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Marlon.

4. A movie was made of one of the B'way plays I starred in. When the film was made, my part was played by Humphrey Bogart--he was a much bigger star than I was then.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I bet he was a Jazz pianist.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hmm--not that I'm aware of.

5. One of my films had a jazz-oriented theme where I didn't play a jazz pianist.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Noel Coward
Magic is like Science,
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Jimmy Stewart?
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Noel or Jimmy.

6. I was married for fifty years to the same woman.

7. I once claimed that my greatest accomplishment was that I ranked #19 on Richard Nixon's enemies list.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Carol O'Conner
Magic is like Science,
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Carol

8. I made lots of money in my salad days, though I gave it away.

9. I eventually won an Oscar, but I really relished those SCCA awards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..20..37..54..71..84~85~86~87~88..123..157..191..225..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL