The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..21..39..57..75..93~94~95
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
544 Posts

Profile of karnak
Not Carroll.

My first film role was a minor part in Gone With the Wind.
I am most famous for having starred in the title role of a popular TV series which ran from 1952 through 1958.
My death in 1959 remains controversial: was my fatal gunshot head wound self-inflicted due to depression, or was it murder?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
243 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
George Reeves.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
544 Posts

Profile of karnak
Bingo! George Reeves it is. I had to dance around his role as TV’s Superman, or it would have been an instant giveaway.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
243 Posts

I give the matter some thought and post somethihg soon...
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
544 Posts

Profile of karnak
I could have continued with “I guest-starred as my most famous character in an episode of I LOVE LUCY” (in the episode “Lucy Meets Superman”).
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
243 Posts

Gone with the Wind and the questionable suicide gave it away to me. At first I was thinking "Have Gun will travel" ala' Paladin... but the math didn't add up.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
243 Posts

1. I was born March 26, 1931.
2. My first major role was at 17, as Ralphie in an amateur production of Clifford Odets' Awake and Sing!.
3. I appeared in Bonanza (1960), The Rebel (1960), Two Faces West (1961), Rawhide (1961), The Untouchables (1962), The Eleventh Hour (1962), Perry Mason , Combat! (1963, 1965), Daniel Boone, The Outer Limits (1964), The Virginian (1963-1965; and Get Smart (1966). Though I am well known for another role.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
243 Posts

4. I hosted and narrated a series in search of paranormal or unexplained events or subjects.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
243 Posts

5. I won acclaim for a series of stage roles. I played the starring role of Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof, as Arthur Goldman in The Man in the Glass Booth at the Old Globe Theater in San Diego, and as Randle McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4792 Posts

Profile of landmark
I actually saw the original New York productions of all three plays you mention above--but that doesn't seem to help me!

Well, I'll take a wild guess at William Devane who was the original stage Randle Patrick McMurphy, but I don't think he fits all the clues.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
544 Posts

Profile of karnak
Leonard Nimoy?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4792 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh, good guess, karnak!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1820 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
The hosting of "paranormal or unexplained events or subjects" series made me think of Nimoy as well ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
544 Posts

Profile of karnak
I recently re-watched a second-season (1964) episode of THE OUTER LIMITS entitled "I, Robot" in which Nimoy appeared. And the reference to being "well known for another role" brought Mr Spock to mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..21..39..57..75..93~94~95
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL