The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..24..45..66..87..107~108~109~110~111..118..124..130..136..142..143~144~145 [Next]
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
There have been 164 games played in this thread.
19 times, the person has been correctly guessed after just the three opening clues
In March, the correct guess after just three clues happened five times in a row.
There have been four people left un-guessed in this game.
The record for most right guesses is Landmark with 28. Wow!
Second place goes to (cough cough) Cliffg37 with 20. Note: I believe this is more a function of longevity in the game and not skill.
Third Place is Arthur with 16 correct guesses.
Note: S-2000 had 11 correct guesses, but left the game near the halfway point. Had he stayed his score would certainly been higher.
The most common wrong guess has been guessed 9 times (once guessed twice in one game) is Alice Cooper.
The longest game was won by Landmark who guessed right after 20 clues.

If no one is interested in these statistics, then I have done little more than amuse myself by doing this work. But given the quarantine, it gave me something to think about and something to do.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Back to Karnak's game:

Jack Cassidy
Magic is like Science,
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
595 Posts

Profile of karnak
No, not Jack Cassidy. (Or Harry Anderson, either.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
595 Posts

Profile of karnak
My career on stage and screen (mostly, or best known, for TV roles) spanned over 30 years, until shortly before my death.

Though best known as an actor, I was also a director, a producer, and even a game-show panelist.

In early 1993, after rumors began circulating about my health, I went public with my illness, and made several appearances on TV talk shows; months later, and just six days after my final assignment on a popular TV sitcom, I died of complications from prostate cancer (at age 59).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
Bill Bixby.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
595 Posts

Profile of karnak
Bingo — Bill Bixby it is.

No need to mention My Favorite Martian, The Courtship of Eddie’s Father, The Magician, Goodnight Beantown, his final appearance on Blossom... or a certain gamma-fueled Green Giant whom you wouldn’t like if he was angry.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
Wow, great job Cliff on your data sorting.

The magician clue is what tipped BB for me.

1. I was born in 1938
2. As a teenager, I learned piano and taught myself to play drums and percussion
3. I moved to California in 1958 to study jazz composition and orchestration for two years at Hollywood's Westlake College of Music
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
4. I didn't like LA, so I went back home and joined an outfit called The Singin’ Swingin’ Eight. By 1963, other more-famous-at-the-time performers were singing songs I had written. Elvis, Chad&Jeremy, and Marty Robbins were some of the people who covered my songs. I could name many more--but I don't want to give up the store yet!

5. In 1965 I signed with the (in)famous music manager, Albert Grossman which gave me much more visibility as a singer.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Wow, that is a pretty eclectic spread of musical styles there. Soul/rock, Mod Rock, and Country. Still no idea though.
Magic is like Science,
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
6. Covered by many, but I guess you could pigeonhole me in pretty much one kind of genre. Even if you're not a fan of that genre, you would be hard-pressed to deny that I am that rare combination of superb singer, instrumentalist, and songwriter.

7. I sued the composer of the song "The Greatest Love of All" because the bridge sounded way too much like the bridge to one of my most well known songs.

8. Yup, that's my real last name.
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
If I only could read your mind!...
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
...not to cause another confusion: Gordon Lightfoot?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
Indeed, that's who it is. The bridge referred to was that of If You Could Read My Mind. I didn't want to say yet that his songs were covered by Peter Paul and Mary, and Judy Collins, because that would be too much of a giveaway, as well as the fact that he was born in Canada.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Good guess, Axel! Your turn ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Thank you very much, Arthur!

1) I was born in 1945 and my birthplace has slightly (over two or three edges...)something to do with some movies like Blade Runner or Thelma & Louise...

2) I also have Canadian roots...but I never have never seen my father...my mother was just 16 years old as I arrived...and I thought my mother was my sister...(deja vu?!)

3) Later on, I started to study arts...but I soon gave up to do what I really liked...
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Oh, I forgot to mention that I´m not an American but an British guy! Sorry for that!

4)What I really like is to make music! Although I am known for a different kind of music style I did a lot of movie soundtracks, e.g. Martin Scorse took several imes some of my songs.

5)I am married for the second time since 2002 and I have 3 daughters with my much younger wife, another daughter and a son, who sadly died at young age, with different women

6)I was addicted to heroin and other hard stuff, was cured but just changed to alcohol...but now I am clean since many years.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Eric Clapton
Magic is like Science,
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Yes!...was surprised anybody has chosen him before! He was born in Ripley...who is a character in the movie Alien that has the same director as Blade Runner or Thelma&Louis...three edges...should have left out the death of his son I think that made it too easy, right?! Congratulations to Cliff again!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
1. I was born in 1954 in New Jersey.
2. My dad was a semi pro football player, and later a salesman.
3. I dropped out of high school at 17.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
4. Dropping out of high school must have shown on me. My first roles were either High School drop-outs, high school bullies, high school gang members, or high school misfits.
Magic is like Science,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..24..45..66..87..107~108~109~110~111..118..124..130..136..142..143~144~145 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL