The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..27..51..75..99..119~120~121~122~123..137..150..163..176..189..190~191~192 [Next]
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
286 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Kurt Vonnegut
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
You got it, Animated!

12. That book's anti-war sentiment resonated with its readers.

13. After its release, the book went to the top of The New York Times Best Seller list, making me famous.

14. I was invited to give speeches, lectures and commencement addresses around the country.

15. I also wrote plays and published several autobiographical essays and short-story collections.

16. After my death, I was hailed as a black-humor commentator on the society in which I lived.

17. Some of my most recognizable book titles are The Sirens of Titan, Cat's Cradle, Welcome to the Monkey House, and Slaughterhouse-Five.

Your turn ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
286 Posts

Ok, been wanting to do this one for awhile...

1.) I attended Eastern Illinois State Teachers College in Charleston, Illinois. During my junior year, I was sitting in English class, listening to a lecture on Beowulf, when I suddenly realized I was wasting my time. As I walked out of the door, the professor made a snide remark and I slammed the door behind me, shattering the window in the door. Sixty years later, the school named a building after its
most famous dropout.

2.) Between September and December 1943, I lived in California with actor Harry Morgan.

3.) I was identified in the 1950 pamphlet Red Channels and blacklisted as an entertainer with supposed Communist ties.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Wild guess, and I don't think the timeline is right, but I'll go with Robert Mitchum.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
286 Posts

No.

4.) I was the Mystery Guest on the August 7, 1955 and February 1, 1959 episodes of What's My Line.

5.) When America Sings opened at Disneyland in 1974, I voiced the main host, Sam Eagle, an Audio-Animatronic.

6.) I was seen regularly in television commercials for Luzianne tea for several years during the 1970s and 1980s, when I was the company's commercial spokesman.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
286 Posts

7.) My movie credits include East of Eden, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Under the Elms, Wind Across the Everglades, The Big Country, and Our Man in Havana, based on the Graham Greene novel.

8.) I began as an itinerant singer and banjoist.

9.) A longtime smoker of pipes and cigars, I was diagnosed with oral cancer in the summer of 1994.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Burl Ives?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
286 Posts

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!

You are correct.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Huh? What happened here. I posted three opening clues last night, but I do not see them... Start again.

1. I was born in New York in 1928
2. My parents had come to New York before world war one. They were Austria-Hungarian and Russian Jewish.
3. Some of you might recognize my face. Some will recognize my unusual name. All of you probably know my distinctive voice.
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Henry Kissinger.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
No, not Henry. (Wasn't he born in Germany?)

4. I served my country by enlisting in the U.S. Army and fighting in the Korean war.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
5. My first acting gig was at age 10 playing Huck Finn in a Parks Department play.
6. I attended Brooklyn College
Magic is like Science,
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Mel Blanc?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Sorry Landmark. This mystery guest has one distinctive voice, not 1,000.

7. I made a few movies, I did some stage work, but I am best known for my television work in the 1960's
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
8. In the 1960's and 1970's I guest starred at least once (sometimes more than once) on almost every well known TV show you can think of.
Magic is like Science,
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Another wild guess: Hans Conreid?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Nope, not Hans,

9. In 1968 I got opening credit status on a show that ran three years. I was the second name in the credits.
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Paul Lynde?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Nope, not Paul.

10. I was offered the role of Dr. McCoy on Star Trek, I had asked to play Spock, but Nimoy was already cast. I turned it down the McCoy role as I did not want to be in third place. I probably regretted that decision the rest of my career.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
11. I was the only guest villain on the old 1966 Batman TV show not to have his name in the credits. Rather than my name was just a series of question marks. The reason for this depends on who you ask. I say I was upset that a cute girl playing my gun moll was making far more money than I was for the episode. The producers said they thought it was cute.
Magic is like Science,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..27..51..75..99..119~120~121~122~123..137..150..163..176..189..190~191~192 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL