The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..36..69..102..135..164~165~166~167~168..173..177..181..185..189..190~191~192 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Stephen Strimpell
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
640 Posts

Profile of karnak
I believe Mr Strimpell was actually Mr Terrific.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2021, karnak wrote:
I believe Mr Strimpell was actually Mr Terrific.

He was.

I was making my own guess, not trying to clarify yours.

Sorry for the confusion.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
640 Posts

Profile of karnak
Ah. Oops. Me too (sorry!).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Sorry to interject, but my lovely wife Leslie (who enjoys reading this thread) wants you fellas to know that I was not “dragged” to see Prairie Home Companion. The truth is that I bought the tickets and took her to the live broadcast.

Alright, carry on …
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Ah, what to do.
Karnak and Chessmann have both demonstrated that they know the mystery guest's identity, and yet neither have his name down.

However, I will leave it for you to decide who is next.

10. With that super role gone, I returned to stage and guest-starring on TV shows. But I would soon be a household name.
11. In the early/mid-1980's I was cast in the role for which I would be best known. I played a doctor. The show ran several years successfully.
12. While appearing on TV as a doctor, I had the amazing good fortune to be cast as a star on another TV show at the same time.
13. The second show was an uncredited voice-over, but make no mistake, I was the star.
14. While playing the doctor, my real-life wife was cast to be my TV wife; We both won Emmy's for that.
15. I had a short period returning to guest-starring roles and working on stage until I was cast in a TV show as a teacher. This show also lasted for several years and generated a spin-off on which I was a guest star a few times.
16. At one point I was president of the Screen Actors Guild.
17. I am in my 90's and mostly retired, But I would still work if asked.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Karnak and I both know it is William Daniels, so as he posted prior, he is due all honor and glory and the next question! Smile

William Daniels' portrayal of John Adams in "1776" is iconic, as is the film. He was nominated for a Tony for "Best Featured Actor" in the original B'way "1776" but refused the nomination because he (rightly) claimed it was a leading, not featured, role. The technicality that led to that was a rule that said in order to be considered for an award as a leading actor, your name must be listed ABOVE the title of the show (I assume they meant in ads, programs, signs, etc...).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
640 Posts

Profile of karnak
Chessman, you obviously know this actor far better than I (I knew him ONLY from Captain Nice), so I really should defer to you. Please take the reins henceforth!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Karnak - do you remember Daniels' portrayal in the series "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" episode called "The Vampire"? It was about one of the original victims of Janos Skorzeny being dug up during some road construction, haha! She starts to wreak havoc until Kolchak takes care of things. Daniels was the local 'skeptical' detective on the scene.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow morning to start something... If someone wants to start a new round before then, feel free!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
640 Posts

Profile of karnak
I know the original “Night Stalker” TV movie very well (Barry Atwater, who played the Vulcan founder of their dedication-to-logic culture, as the vampire pursued by Darren McGavin’s Carl Kolchak), but didn’t keep up with the subsequent TV series.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Yes, I think that was the only episode I watched - and did so on Youtube, not when it came out. But I'd heard good stuff about that episode, and it didn't disappoint!

Ok, here goes nuthin'!

I was born in 1917.

I grew up in California.

I was involved in theatre in high school. While there, I also won the "football throw" at the California State High School Track and Field Championship; my mark of 220 feet remains the state record in that short-lived event.

After graduating from the University of the Redlands, I was initially inclined toward singing career as a classical concert singer. But after a consultation with a well-known composer, conductor, and singing coach, I accepted that my voice was did not have the right characteristics for that, and I decided on a career in popular music.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I was considered one of the giants of Broadway's Golden Age, even though my Broadway career wasn't terribly prolific. However, my performance in my debut role was so iconic, my status as one of the greats would likely have been sealed with that, alone. I am still considered the gold standard in that role.

I only starred in one Hollywood movie musical because one of my eyes didn't quite align with the other, which wouldn't do for close-ups.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
My daughter is a very well-known singer.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
John Raitt?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Vincente Minnelli
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
John Raitt is it, Sir FoolsNobody!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Here's an interesting story about Raitt. His first work for Rogers and Hammerstein was to be Curly in the national tour of "Oklahoma". He was brought from California to New York for an audition:

"Because he hadn’t sung since he left California, he recalled, he asked to warm up. He did that by singing Figaro’s aria from “The Barber of Seville,” then he sang all of Curly’s songs.

"When he finished, there was a long silence.

"What he later learned was that his size, not his voice, was the problem: The producers were worried that he wouldn’t fit into Drake’s costume and that, at 6-feet-2, he was too tall to look right in the part.

“But Hammerstein said, ‘I’m a tall man. Why can’t Curly be tall?’ ” Raitt recalled.

What, to me, was astonishing was that one of the main worries was that "he wouldn't fit into Drake's (Alfred Drake, the original B'way Curly) costume."

How hard can it possibly be to make a costume that will fit someone else!?!?!? I mean of all possible considerations, this one shouldn't have even been on the list, lol!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Car 54, where are you? ...............................
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Well, since Foolsnobody seems to have disappeared, I'll get the game started again:

When I was born in 1907, my surname was Squiers.

However, for my chosen profession I invented a different surname.

Early in my life, I began working as a railroad clerk.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Charlie Chaplin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..36..69..102..135..164~165~166~167~168..173..177..181..185..189..190~191~192 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL