The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..38..73..108..143..178~179~180~181~182..190~191~192 [Next]
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
419 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Ronnie Spector?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Not Ronnie, but I like the guess.

11. That same group recorded covers of both Beatles' and Rolling Stones' songs, though I'm far better known for a cover of song by another band.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Tina Turner
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Bingo! Anna Mae Bullock it is! Good one, Mindpro!

I wondered if the allusion to "Proud Mary" would make it too easy.

I, for one, did not realize that she was a Swiss citizen.

Of course, David Bowie was the first choice for the Acid Queen, not Tiny Tim.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
This quiz was rather deceptive, S2000magician, because your clues made me believe it was a single person, whereas the musical entity signed by Phil Spector was a duo: Ike & Tina Turner. It would have been fairer if you had stipulated that somehow.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, arthur stead wrote:
This quiz was rather deceptive, S2000magician, because your clues made me believe it was a single person, whereas the musical entity signed by Phil Spector was a duo: Ike & Tina Turner. It would have been fairer if you had stipulated that somehow.

It certainly wasn't intended to be deceptive. My apologies.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was actually thinking and typing my response as you seen the post to close so I haven’t even seen that yet as I was interrupted but a phone call
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
You're up, Mindpro.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Fun clues
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
OK, Mindpro ... where are you?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Well, fellas, 3 days is long enough to wait, don’t you think? I’ll get the ball rolling again:

I showed promise as a student but had trouble with the rules at my strict parochial Catholic school.

My schooling ended at the age of 14 after I was expelled for hitting a female teacher in the face.

As a teenager I worked at odd jobs around Brooklyn, including a candy store and a bowling alley.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Al Capone
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
You know your gangsters, S2000magician!

I also became a bouncer in brothels, and played semi-professional baseball for three years.

In my early twenties, I left New York found work as a bodyguard in a different city. My rather corrupt boss was politically protected from prosecution.

My own mutually profitable relationships with city officials meant I was also safe from law enforcement.

It was said that I reveled in attention, such as the cheers from spectators when I appeared at ball games.

I was also known to make generous donations to various charities.

However, a brutal retribution against a competitor’s employees damaged my reputation and ruined my public image.

The long arm of the law eventually caught up with me and sent me to prison.

Due to my good behavior, I was permitted to play banjo in the prison band, which gave regular Sunday concerts for other prisoners.

While serving my sentence, I was stabbed and superficially wounded a by fellow inmate.

My health gradually declined, and I spent the last year of my sentence in the hospital section, confused and disoriented.

Eventually I was released from prison on compassionate grounds.

I suffered a cardiac arrest and died at age 48, surrounded by family in my home.

I am one of the most notorious American gangsters of the 20th century, and I’ve been the subject of numerous articles, books, and films.

You’re up …
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, arthur stead wrote:
You know your gangsters, S2000magician!

You give me too much credit.

I started thinking about who I knew from New York.

I first thought "George Carlin", but he was from Morningside Heights (Manhattan), not Brooklyn.

I then thought, "Mel Brooks", but he, of course, would not have attended parochial school.

Then I decided to focus on those who would have attended parochial school: Irish or Italian heritage, most likely.

Belting a nun just sounded like the sort of thing that Capone would have done.

I'm not sure how I knew that he was originally from New York – not Chicago – but I know that I recently stumbled across reruns of "The Untouchables" (the TV series, not the movie), so maybe that did it.

When I mentioned the clues to my daughter, she got Capone from the candy store reference.

We're a weird bunch.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
1. I was born in Garden City, NY.

2. I did not learn English until I entered grade school; before that, I spoke only my parents' native language at home.

3. I won a spelling bee in junior high school, but did not receive the award until three years before my death.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
<still more crickets>

4. I was well known as a swimmer in high school, and after graduating I worked as a lifeguard.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Caitlyn (née Bruce) Jenner.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Jack Palance?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
None of the Jenners.

5. I served two years in the Army, being discharged as a corporal after a car accident that left me with a broken pelvis, a sprained ankle, and a concussion.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Burt Lancaster.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..38..73..108..143..178~179~180~181~182..190~191~192 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL