The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..46..89..132..175..216~217~218~219~220..228..235..242..249..256..258~259~260 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5193 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not JK.

7. I wrote, "But the wonderfullest trick of all was the coffin trick. We nailed him into a coffin and he got out of the coffin without removing one nail . . . There is a trick that would come in handy for me — get me out of this two-by-four situation! . . . You know it don’t take much intelligence to get yourself into a nailed-up coffin... But who in hell ever got himself out of one without removing one nail?"

8. I'm a playwright.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Dashiel Hammet
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5193 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not Dash.

9. My plays have been turned into screenplays starring such actors as Paul Newman, Elizabeth Taylor, Kirk Douglas and Carroll Baker.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Christopher Milbourne
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I'm thinking Cat on a Hot Tin Roof ... Tennessee Williams?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5193 Posts

Profile of landmark
Tennessee Williams it is. The quotes are from The Glass Menagerie, a play based on his life with his sister Rose. Tennessee, to the best of my knowledge, never lived in Tennessee.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Loved Anna Magnani and Burt Lancaster in The Rose Tattoo ... in glorious black and white!

I was born into a working class family in Brooklyn, New York. My father, a sheet metal worker, helped build the early New York skyscrapers.

My seven siblings were named Lillian, Harry, Jack, Saul, Pearl, Michael, and Reuben.

I began entertaining at the age of 11, when I would sing in theaters when the film projector broke (a common occurrence in those days).
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
By age 13, I was working as a singer in a revue. Subsequently, I worked in vaudeville and as a burlesque comic.

Next, I worked in short films and on Broadway, where I made my stage début in 1939. I made my first feature film appearance in 1940.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Milton Berle?
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Milton.

Over the next two decades, I worked as a character actor for several movie studios, including films starring Humphrey Bogart, W. C. Fields, Eleanor Powell, Lionel Barrymore, Betty Grable, Gene Kelly, and Rita Hayworth. When the studio system began to decline, I returned to the stage.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I composed a song with Jimmy Van Heusen for Frank Sinatra, which became a popular hit in 1945 and was a staple in Sinatra’s live performances.

Towards the end of the Second World War, I entertained the troops during several successful overseas USO tours with Sinatra.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
740 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Bob hope?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Bob.

In 1955, I began starring in a hit TV show, and throughout the 1960s, I appeared in various comedy films. Although reportedly, I was not a traditional comedian; I was a comic actor. I never did stand-up, and, out of character, I was not known for cracking jokes.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Jerry Lewis
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Jerry.

I was featured in Marilyn Monroe's last film, the unfinished Something's Got to Give (1962).

In 1967, I starred as a guest in one of the British Carry On films, Follow That Camel, for which my salary was the largest Carry On salary ever (only later met by the appearance of Elke Sommer in Carry On Behind).
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5193 Posts

Profile of landmark
William Bendix?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not William.

In 1952, I won a Tony Award for my role in the Broadway show Top Banana. I repeated the role in the 1954 film version, which was initially released in 3-D.

I was offered the leading role of conniving Roman slave Pseudolus in the Broadway musical comedy A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. However, I declined, and the role went instead to Zero Mostel, who was so successful that he repeated the role in the 1966 film version. By this time, I realized my error and agreed to appear in the film as a secondary character.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Buster Keaton
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not Buster.

Later in my career, I guest-starred on The Beverly Hillbillies and various TV variety shows such as The Carol Burnett Show, Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, and The Dean Martin Show.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
George Burns
Magic is like Science,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..46..89..132..175..216~217~218~219~220..228..235..242..249..256..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL