The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..49..95..141..187..232~233~234~235~236..241..245..249..253..257..258~259~260 [Next]
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not many people know that I was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I’ve been featured in documentaries, hosted TV shows, and acted in several films. In fact, one movie director called me “a superb actor.”
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
In 1962, I joined the band I had subbed with, replacing one of their original members. But many fans were initially upset by my appointment.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Mr. Conductor, aka Rory Storm
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Obviously Richard "Ringo Starr" Starkey.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Ed is correct! BTW: I had no idea Ringo had a reputation as a proficient dancer. Here are my remaining clues:

The band I joined soon became internationally successful. And just like my father, I also became well known for my late-night dancing skills.

After the band broke up, I became a solo artist, releasing several successful singles and a critically acclaimed album.

I had a minor planet named in my honor. And since 1989, I’ve toured with thirteen variations of my own all-star band.

In 1999, I was inducted into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame. In 2011, Rolling Stone readers named me the fifth-greatest drummer of all time. I was inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, as a band member in 1988 and as a solo artist in 2015. I was appointed a Knight Bachelor in the 2018 New Year Honours for services to music. And In 2020, I was cited as the wealthiest drummer in the world, with a net worth of $350 million.

You're up, Ed.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, arthur stead wrote:
Ed is correct!

Not to put too fine a point on it, but so was I.

Mr. Conductor was Richard Starkey's (aka Ringo Starr's) character on Shining Time Station (to which you alluded), and Rory Storm was his pseudonym before he adopted Ringo Starr: Rory Storm and the Hurricanes was his skiffle band (which you mentioned as well).
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
You were close with Mr. Conductor, Bill, but Rory Storm was an actual person; the front man of the Hurricanes band (for which Ringo played drums):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Storm
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK, let me give this a try;

I was born in Russia, somewhere between October and January. But I chose January 2 as my birthday.

When I was three, my parents moved with me to America

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, arthur stead wrote:
You were close with Mr. Conductor, Bill, but Rory Storm was an actual person; the front man of the Hurricanes band (for which Ringo played drums) . . . .

Actually, I was spot on with Mr. Conductor, but off on Rory Storm. My mistake.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Yul Brynner
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Peter Ustinov?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
750 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Dolph lundgren?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Maria Sharapova?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
We're at your mercy, Ed .......
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I became a naturalized US Citizen in 1928, at the age of 8.

When not in school, most of my childhood was spent working in my father's series of candy stores.

My father's candy stores carried a series of "pulp magazines," which he forbid me to read, as they were "lurid."
I convinced him that the science fiction magazines were actually educational, and he let me read them, grudgingly.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Isaac Asimov?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
750 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, karnak wrote:
Isaac Asimov?

Asimov was born January 2nd so You're probably right.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Karnak got it. I hadn't formatted them, but the rest of the clues would be his meeting with The Futurians and John Campbell.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Once science fiction was mentioned, it — along with the rest of it — all clicked
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..49..95..141..187..232~233~234~235~236..241..245..249..253..257..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL