The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..49..95..141..187..233~234~235~236~237..242..246..250..254..258~259~260 [Next]
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
665 Posts

Profile of karnak
I was born in Canada in 1922.

By the early 1940s, my mother and I had moved to Los Angeles, where I participated in beauty contests and worked as a dancer in nightclubs; I began working in motion pictures in 1941.

After a long Hollywood career, I died in LA in 2007 at the ripe old age of 84, after spending my final years as a resident of the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Rita Hayworth
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
665 Posts

Profile of karnak
Not Rita.

While I was in many movies, often as a glamour girl early on, probably my single most prominent dramatic film role was in a 1956 biblical epic from Cecil B. DeMille.

I am even better known for my co-starring role in a popular, humorously ghoulish (and still fondly remembered, even still currently in reruns) mid-1960s TV sitcom.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4695 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Yvonne De Carlo (aka Lily Munster)

Someone, please, take my place. Thank You. Smile
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
665 Posts

Profile of karnak
Sixten is correct!

Who’s up next?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I was born in 1929 in Brussels, but as a result of my father’s jobs as a trader and loan officer, we moved around a lot.

Consequently, I learned six languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian. My father left the family abruptly when I was six years old.

After my uncle was executed during the Nazi occupation, I supported the resistance, delivering underground newspapers and hiding & feeding downed Allied flyers.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
In addition to other traumatic events, I witnessed the transportation of Jews to concentration camps.

Food was scarce under Nazi rule, and as a result of malnutrition, I developed acute anaemia, respiratory problems and oedema.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
After the war ended in 1945, I moved with my mother and siblings to Amsterdam, where I studied dancing while my mom supported us by working as a cook and housekeeper.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Audrey Hepburn
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Cliff is the winner! It’s Audrey Hepburn, born Audrey Kathleen Ruston.

The rest of my clues:

Because my weak constitution (the after-effect of wartime malnutrition) prevented me from becoming a professional dancer, I decided to concentrate on acting.

I made my film debut in 1948 in a Dutch educational travel film. Later that year, I moved to London.

After appearing in many stage and movie roles, I was receiving high praise and winning awards for my performances, including an Academy Award, a BAFTA, and a Golden Globe Award in 1953.

I then signed to a seven-picture contract with Paramount, with 12 months in between films to allow me time for stage work.

By this time my movie co-stars included Gregory Peck, Humphrey Bogart, William Holden, and Mel Ferrer.

In the 1960s I worked in films alongside Cary Grant, Albert Finney, Fred Astaire, George Peppard, Efrem Zimbalist Jr, Rex Harrison, and Alan Arkin.

I was featured on the cover of Time magazine, and also became known for my personal style. But in 1967, I decided to retire from acting while I was on top.

Years later, I became a special ambassador to the United Nations UNICEF fund, helping children in Latin America and Africa. I was named by People magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.

I died in 1993 from appendicular cancer. I had made a total of 31 high quality movies. My elegance and style will always be remembered in film history, as evidenced by me being named in Empire magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.”
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Give me a couple of hours and I will get started.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
1. I am from Pennsylvania, but I moved a lot. I spent time in Maryland and ended up in California.
2. I was born in 1960. (That is a lie, and it later came out that I was born in 1958)
3. I am left-handed, and yet I work as though right handed.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
4. My dad was an insurance salesman, and my mom was a secretary.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
5. It was in my early teens that I got my first guitar
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
6. In my early teens we moved to California, and soon after that, my dad divorced my mom and left.
7. I claimed that I took my mother's maiden name after that, but that was a lie. The name I took, I made up because I thought it was a cool rock name.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
8. In 1975, a drummer and I formed a band and began recruiting other musicians. I was only 17, but remember I had lied about my age and let people believe I was only 15.
Magic is like Science,
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
422 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Joan Jett?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hat's off to Alan! Joan Larkin (Jett) is our mystery guest!

9. The band had some minor success opening for well-known acts.
10. Our music was used on television shows.
11. The first bit of discord became apparent when our lead guitarist left the band.
12. She later published a memoir in which she said she left because everyone else in the bad was gay. Previously, I had made it a point not to discuss my sexuality.
13. When that band broke up, I started my own self-named band.
14. We found a then unique way of selling albums when no record company would publish us.
15. We only had a few hits, but developed a huge following and found monetary success.
16. I have acted in a few TV shows.
17. I was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
18. I was inducted by Miley Cyrus who dropped 5 F-bombs on tv in her opening speech.
19. I gave a very humble and professional speech, even though I am known for using hard language.
20. Some think I have gotten a bit old for ROck and roll, but at 62 I am still performing.

Alan, you are up!
Magic is like Science,
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Cliff, it wasn’t Joan Jett, but Lita Ford who wrote in her memoir that she left The Runaways because the other girls (including Joan) were all gay.

For many years, Joan lived with her manager Kenny Laguna and his wife in a menage a trois relationship. I played keyboards on two songs for Joan Jett & The Blackhearts which appeared in a movie. I also co-wrote a song with Joan in the early 1980s called “Scratch My Back.” Found out many years later that she had recorded and released the song back then, without ever giving me credit.

Also, during my performing and studio recording days I often ran into Joan’s guitarist Ricky Byrd, and drummer Thommy Price. Ricky and I became friends and in fact, in later years Ricky once saved my life.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
You misread that Arthur, or I wrote it badly, but the Lita Ford thing is what I said. I should have added Lita's name perhaps.

Glad he saved your life and glad you are still here.

Which movies did you play keyboard in with her?
Magic is like Science,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess Who With Three Clues (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..49..95..141..187..233~234~235~236~237..242..246..250..254..258~259~260 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL