The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ghost survey (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you fancied filling it in, it's anonymous...thanks for your time...
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JRZFV7Y
I've asked to be banned
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Well, it assumes you've had a "ghost experience" which I have not, so I did not do it. Also it doesn't appear there will be any way to measure results as the questions are open-ended. But if the goal is to get a bunch of anecdotes which may be interesting, then it may well serve its purpose.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
As it's not your survey, you're making lots of assumptions and got them all wrong.
I've asked to be banned
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I'd be curious as to the results, if you are up to sharing them. I'd love to experience anything super natural but, alas, it seems not to be. As such, I am in the "Settled" camp based on all available data.

https://xkcd.com/1235/
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Apparently I have to say this...if you've not had an experience of a ghost, then don't bother filling in the survey...

Some people....
I've asked to be banned
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Ghosts? . . . I thought you said 'goats'?

You may want to ignore my answers then.

;-)
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That's my ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d luck...
I've asked to be banned
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Apparently I have to say this...if you've not had an experience of a ghost, then don't bother filling in the survey...

Some people....

To be clear, it seemed obvious not to fill out the survey in that case. Also, to be clear, the survey has little to no scientific significance because of that type of survey design. But it’s also regarding ghost experiences, so there’s really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway. ¯|_(ツ)_/¯
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You're not telling me anything I don't already know...
I've asked to be banned
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Chris K wrote: To be clear, it seemed obvious not to fill out the survey in that case. Also, to be clear, the survey has little to no scientific significance because of that type of survey design. But it’s also regarding ghost experiences, so there’s really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway. ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

and now we know you carry your camera everywhere with you, a bit of useless info. That wasn’t the title or the query for this thread.

I don’t think IAIN ever said he was doing a scientific study. He simply said if you fancy filling it in, it’s anonymous, thanks for your time.

Why do these threads get so far off track so quickly?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
But it’s also regarding ghost experiences, so there’s really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway.

That's a very unscientific point of view. You can't prove a negative, so assuming something does not exist is, in itself, an act of faith and thus, unscientific. "Skeptics" are so frequently guilty of this.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, Cleverpaws wrote:
Chris K wrote: To be clear, it seemed obvious not to fill out the survey in that case. Also, to be clear, the survey has little to no scientific significance because of that type of survey design. But it’s also regarding ghost experiences, so there’s really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway. ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

and now we know you carry your camera everywhere with you, a bit of useless info. That wasn’t the title or the query for this thread.

I don’t think IAIN ever said he was doing a scientific study. He simply said if you fancy filling it in, it’s anonymous, thanks for your time.

Why do these threads get so far off track so quickly?

Absolutely...

I think what tends to happen is, is that people focus on their own view point and motivations - and then apply that to what they are reading...so here's some questions - and they immediately apply what they *think* is going on, and take it from there...

i've had all kinds of weird interactions over five very simple questions...
I've asked to be banned
dalo
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of dalo
I met a woman who made a thesis about ghosts. It was part of her doctoral studies so it was very scientific Smile

She was no ghost though so I am not sure it qualifies... Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Can you share any of the weird interactions?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Nope Smile
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ghost survey (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL