The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Help with n strippers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Recently was introduced to n(-) strippers. Picked up sub rosa hoping for some help and it did lend itself to handling after getting the cards you need. Ive been a card guy for 20 years and this little thing is near impossible for me. I can use it as a magician, meaning get what's needed for an effect to be perceived, but I'm getting clumps of cards with what I need.this thing is too beautiful to not do right. Any tips to just get just the cards I need or books I can read for tips on the actual removal of select cards not clumps?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Handle them way softer than you think you need to. It is a feel thing. Keep doing it, keeping in mind softer than you think and it will come. Many think because it is mechanical it is easier and this is simply not true.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
Jason England does frequent the board. I'm sure he'll see this and lend a hand.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
My suggestion is to practice with heavy work and then keep making the work in the cards lighter and lighter Smile

Good luck and have fun !
Long Island,

New York
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I tried with half the card cut out lol. I just cant feel what I need to be feeling. it seems when I'm not paying attention to it I can do it. but as soon as I want to. my fingers turn into useless noodles
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, Drylid wrote:

I tried with half the card cut out lol...

I see what the problem. You cut the cards so deeply that all you are pulling is air. Of course you can't pull the cards that way.

ExpertMagician suggested trying to pull "heavy work" first. My interpretation of that expression is not to cut the cards more, but to increase the weight of each card individually that you are trying to strip. Try using very light weights glued to the stripped cards.

I think that might work better but possibly I am using the term "heavy work" incorrectly. Is there another interpretation for this terminology?

This "in the know" gambling jargon gets me confused sometimes.

Someone told me a while back that using slick ace cards works better than notched strippers. Of course, the only disadvantage for this type "work" is it is confined to the Aces only. At least I think that is the way it works but I could be incorrect on this.

Personally I like very strongly cut belly strippers. I have tried to pull them for about 6 months now and I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

Notched strippers are for the card table intelligentsia and is well above my pay grade. They are a little known secret among the very best of the best in the magi community.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I was being hyperbolic in my explanation of how much I actually cut off, My fault, as sarcasm and humor don't come through, I figured the LOL would hint at that. I use a heavy beginners set and still am having difficulty pulling out what I need.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
You will need to feel them so if you keep then in groups together at first you will feel them easier. As you get used to doing that then you split or take away until you can feel just one card. At first it is an odd feeling to get them each time and like a good golf shot you will not feel it really it will just happen.
Then lighten the work in the cards and you will hit your sweet spot. I find that spot is different for everyone. What you can pull, others will be unable. Find that spot for you.
Keep practicing.
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Gamblingman007
I’m going to tell you what this sounds like to me, you’re going too far trying to prove to magicians that you’re great. Why? Because the public basically doesn’t understand magic tricks therefore you’re trying to fool magicians; if I’m wrong so what.

These guys don’t know what they are talking about; at least to a degree. Why? These guys are talking to you about an N-Stripper technique instead of a P-Stripper technique (Positive Strippers) something totally different to what you’re actually enquiring about.

You’re a magician not a gambler and these guys giving you advice mostly are too but they are dabbling in an area that they know something about but only from a magicians point of view and not a gambling point of view, that’s why they are giving you wrong advice because they can’t differentiate between the two techniques and since you came to a gambling spot they unknowingly took you in this (the wrong) direction; you want to do magic tricks using this effect therefore you want Wedge Strippers; to the magicians they would call them P-Strippers.

I can elaborate to a point where they won’t understand me but since you’re a beginner at this technique what you want is in a magic book called Expert Card Technique by Hugard and Braue. The person picking a card from your deck (you reversing the deck) before they put it back and you produce their card by pulling their wedged card from your deck any other technique besides a Svengali deck is specifically for gamblers and not for magicians.

If I’m wrong please correct me.

The Gamblingman007
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Not sure if these are any use to you but they rate them beginner, intermediate and expert. I think they offer help on how to handle them.

https://www.slimcardco.com/advanced-gaffed-ctwc
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Tommy thanks again for your kind help and your knowledge. You always help and keep me on point.

Gamblingman007
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Ive already gotten to the point of making my own as well as practicing. It really is just a getting the hang and feel of it type of thing. I appreciate all of the help thus far gentleman.
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

@Drylid. Then you’re already doing great, keep up the good work. These here guys unknowingly answered your questions wrong because most of them like yourself is not real gamblers, they study gambling moves and technique. Cag and Tommy is one of the real players.

Gamblingman007
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, Drylid wrote:
Ive already gotten to the point of making my own as well as practicing. It really is just a getting the hang and feel of it type of thing. I appreciate all of the help thus far gentleman.

These guys are not telling you everything that is important. Your two fingers (first finger and thumb) must hold the deck in the EXACT area where the divots are in order for you to pull the wanted cards; different finger positions for different wanted cards if you have a multi pulling deck.

The Gamblingman007
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
That's the easy part.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Just because they are called strippers it does not mean that you have to strip them out: you can cut to them if you like.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
287 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
Drylid, It has been my experience that if you have very dry hands it is much more difficult to pull the cards. Plus you may be gripping the cards too tightly.

Steve
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I have hyperhidrosis So dry hands usually arent an issue. but I couldn't agree w you more as I did figure that out on one of my less sweaty days
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
So, you probably wouldn't want to make a habit out of using the cards this way, but a few years ago in my own research on n strippers, I ran across a website that made Ns and (I think) the cutting tools for making them quickly... They had a section explaining on how to pull the cards. I had never seen anyone explain this particular method before, and I certainly don't see people who are proficient at pulling ns like gamblingman007 do this, but what I read might help a beginner practice and start to build some confidence at actually pulling Ns.

Essentially, what it said was to bevel the deck towards you like this / (top of the deck is pulled towards you) then push The deck square while you're thumb is firmly pushed up against the side of the deck (where the divots are). The idea is to get some air between the cards before attempting to pull them. I hope this is clear... And again, this is not how I've seen pros do it, but for a beginner with Ns, it might be a handy tip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Help with n strippers (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL